Value of: MTL-COL -> Mittelstadt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
But you could have Barron back though! Think of the possibilities!

Seriously though, seems really unlikely that having found a good one, the Avs are going to spin him off for something other than, well, him.
I actually wonder if reversing the Lehkonen deal could make sense.

Avs get cap room, their 2nd and a young RD they liked, Montreal gets a complementary top 6 forward to bridge the way to the future and become immediately more competitive.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Once you take out the recent high picks and trendy prospects, Montreal’s asset pool isn’t anything special. Winnipeg’s 1st in 26OA. Odds are that the extra 2025 pick will be similarly placed. Other teams have their own recent late 1sts and 2nds.

Not to say that the Habs can’t make a splash that way, but you won’t find a warm reception on here ahead of time.
Well if you take out the recent high picks and good prospects of any prospect pools they don't look very interesting 😂

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
So once you take out everything good that they've accumulated over the last few years of tanking, their prospect pool isn't that good?

They were hopelessly trying to compete for years, went to the 2021 Cup final, and tanked for 3 years. Interestingly enough, that nothing special prospect pool they've accumulated somehow gets ranked top-10 by most writers. The Canadiens are also one of the youngest teams in the league (meaning a fair number of graduated prospects).

I used the term “asset pool” for a specific reason. Your retorts are to an argument I didn’t make. Montreal’s prospect pool is very good and that’s impressive given the timeline, but the things that elevate it aren’t realistically for sale.

In the context of a Mittelstadt or Necas or Kyrou, a late 1st and a prospect outside of the Hutson/Reinbacher tier is undesirable for fanbases on here that want quality.

Well if you take out the recent high picks and good prospects of any prospect pools they don't look very interesting 😂

The Sabres have the depth to trade quality, be it their pick or a prospect of similar value, without it hurting them at all. Detroit and Utah are on the precipice.

Ottawa and L.A. were like that in prior years and were able to act aggressively as a result.

Reactions: Chainshot

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta

Avs get cap room, their 2nd and a young RD they liked, Montreal gets a complementary top 6 forward to bridge the way to the future and become immediately more competitive.

I wouldn’t think Colorado would be interested in Lehky for Barron straight up as I would argue Barton’s value has declined a bit since moving to Montreal and Lehkonen’s has increases.

As for the actual Mitts to Montreal, only chance that happens is if Colorado is looking to get Suzuki and adding.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Silly thread. MittelJost played really well for us. We'll find a way to lock him up long term.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Lock this thread.
Or perhaps you can just exit the thread? People like you is the reason videos on YouTube censor everyday words like drugs, rape and suicide etc.

If you don't like something or don't agree with it, doesn't mean it should just go away.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Or perhaps you can just exit the thread? People like you is the reason videos on YouTube censor everyday words like drugs, rape and suicide etc.

If you don't like something or don't agree with it, doesn't mean it should just go away.
Calm down man. Lock the thread is short hand for 'its hard to see this thread producing meaningful discussion around a possible trade.' and it's true. It's glaringly obvious that there is zero incentive for Colorado to do this, and many reasons for them not to. Nothing wrong with realizing that and moving on to a new thread.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Calm down man. Lock the thread is short hand for 'its hard to see this thread producing meaningful discussion around a possible trade.' and it's true. It's glaringly obvious that there is zero incentive for Colorado to do this, and many reasons for them not to. Nothing wrong with realizing that and moving on to a new thread.

Habs are not looking at Mittelstadt. We are after a scoring winger who can help the PP. I don't know where this is coming from. It's possible that some Habs fans are looking at every single RFA who is not extended yet.

Reactions: Mac Attack

keglu

Jul 11, 2014

Lekhonen just played 22minutes per game in playoff run and is signed for 2 more years at 4.5m. Does this proposal sound realistic to you?

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021

No, it should be closed because the Avs aren't trading Mittelstadt after moving Byram for him. It's a silly and completely illogical idea. It has nothing to do with personal preference.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Montreal’s prospect pool is very good and that’s impressive given the timeline, but the things that elevate it aren’t realistically for sale.
Fair point, but for context, which rebuilding team has high-end prospects for sale? Not many I can think of...

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

I jokingly said that to an Avs fan and they just laughed. No chance they'll accept.

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Lehkonen is a core player on a good deal….he’s going nowhere. He’s even more vital with Nuke and Landeskog situations up in the air. The Avs won the Cup partially on the versatility and interchangeability of three amazing glue guy forwards that could buffer any line construction with physicality, energy, defensive acumen and two-way play.

Lehk is the last man standing it appears. He’s invaluable and once again showed his playoff chops playing a massive role on a short-handed team. He played over 22 minutes a game with 6 goals and 11 points in 11 games. Absolute stud, core player going nowhere.

Reactions: Bender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad