Proposal: MTL & CLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Problem with that is it doesn't do anything for Columbus. Maybe the "value" is enough, but it doesn't address their needs at all.

I don't agree with the "it doesn't address their needs at all". A NHL ready RD with size/skating/shot and a solid center prospect. Come on man.

Nobody is offering a grade A prospect. Nobody is giving them a young proven player with potential and playing in the NHL.

Their return will be picks and prospects. Book mark it.

Reactions: Wayfarer13

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Remember how long it took for Price?
I think Price went in the program because he knew his career was over. I remember shortly before he went into the PA program that he got a report from a doctor that his injuries were so severe that he likely wouldn’t recover from whatever treatment they did on him.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Kind of funny reading this topic. Montreal trying to rip off CBJ while shit talking the player. If he sucks so much, why the f*** do you guys want him?

“Let’s offer you a bunch of dogshit for a player we expect will produce similarly for us”

I’m not talking to all of you, just some.

Problem is you think all of the Habs prospects are dog shit. The general theme on these boards is other fans gang up and treat all our assets as crap. Some are yes but I doubt you know the difference to provide anything credible on it. But continue on with your words of choice (dog shit) to exaggerate your false narrative. You're not the only one so you probably feel justified. This is not a popularity contest.

Laine is not returning both a 1st and a grade A asset for 2 years at a bloated cap hit. Yeah, he can rebound but no GM is going to gamble on him rebounding 100%. The offers are what they are. Some of you need to chill the F out. It's a yes or no answer. Saying no and then belittling is childish debates! :nod:.

What's your offer? Put your money where your mouth/fingers are. Back it up

EquivalentStay

Jul 27, 2020
Laine is not returning both a 1st and a grade A asset for 2 years at a bloated cap hit. Yeah, he can rebound but no GM is going to gamble on him rebounding 100%. The offers are what they are.

Here's my offer: CBJ keeps their player instead of trading him the Habs for garbage. Just like everyone else is saying. You don't get him for scraps cause you want, why wouldn't THEY just keep him instead? Foolish.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Here's my offer: CBJ keeps their player instead of trading him the Habs for garbage. Just like everyone else is saying. You don't get him for scraps cause you want, why wouldn't THEY just keep him instead? Foolish.
Because Laine asked for a trade and wants a fresh start after exiting the player assistance program?

Reactions: domi28

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That makes him available; it doesn't make him cheap.

Ultimately, you want him gone before the season starts. We will see what the market is for the player but I doubt it’s much.

Ironically, just a couple hours later...

The timing was nearly perfect. Good for him.
So you get him for garbage? Have we seen this from Habs fans before hmmmmm
I personally don’t want him on my team. I never liked him as a player and his off ice and health issues makes him even less desirable than he was before.

I wish him the best of luck though. I hope he does turn it around and find a way to stay healthy.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Problem is you think all of the Habs prospects are dog shit. The general theme on these boards is other fans gang up and treat all our assets as crap. Some are yes but I doubt you know the difference to provide anything credible on it. But continue on with your words of choice (dog shit) to exaggerate your false narrative. You're not the only one so you probably feel justified. This is not a popularity contest.

Laine is not returning both a 1st and a grade A asset for 2 years at a bloated cap hit. Yeah, he can rebound but no GM is going to gamble on him rebounding 100%. The offers are what they are. Some of you need to chill the F out. It's a yes or no answer. Saying no and then belittling is childish debates! :nod:.

To be fair habs fans do it just as much, if not more when it comes to bashing other teams assets/players/prospects.

They are also very guilty of trying to pump up their assets/prospects to the point of them looking overrated.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
To be fair habs fans do it just as much, if not more when it comes to bashing other teams assets/players/prospects.

They are also very guilty of trying to pump up their assets/prospects to the point of them looking overrated.

All fans do what you are talking about. What you may not realize is the Habs fan base is massive so you will see it more.

We are acting like GM's with limited knowledge in many situations. You offer what you offer and others need to learn how to say no with respect. The culture to belittle and play the got cha game is dumb and has no value.

Habs fans may have be more guilty of it in the past due to a shallow pool. I would agree with that. However, our pool is very deep today with both quality and quantity. You look at a guy like Barron and if he was on a team with a shallow pool, he would be getting more usage/opportunity and probably looks better. Many fans don't understand that. Barron has more value that what you see on these boards. All he is lacking is maturity... his size/skating/shot package is not easy to acquire and that is not even considering the rare RD factor. He's not a sure shot top 4D but if he was, he would be not available. That works equally for the Habs and any other team. Some fans see his name being shopping around and think he is garbage now. It's not accurate

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd rather he stay here and get a chance to bounce back, unless that turns out to be really bad for him.
I expect Anaheim to flirt around with the idea of laine…. But idk if we have the right pieces to really get a deal done

All fans do what you are talking about. What you may not realize is the Habs fan base is massive so you will see it more.

We are acting like GM's with limited knowledge in many situations. You offer what you offer and others need to learn how to say no with respect. The culture to belittle and play the got cha game is dumb and has no value.

Might be a recency bias for me due to zegeas sannecke zellweger luneau and gauthier…. But Montreal fans have spent plenty of time bashing those guys.

There are plenty of good conversations to be bad with Montreal fans, unfortunately there is a large portion that uninterested in having conversations and would rather ruin those discussions for everyone else

No argument on 2nd paragraph, I generally just leave it at not a good fit and move on.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You offer what you offer and others need to learn how to say no with respect. The culture to belittle and play the got cha game is dumb and has no value.
This you?
Laine is not returning both a 1st and a grade A asset for 2 years at a bloated cap hit. Yeah, he can rebound but no GM is going to gamble on him rebounding 100%. The offers are what they are. Some of you need to chill the F out.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
What, is it weird two female Jackets fans on this board both have their orange cats as their avatars?
It was ... strange that :
- The posts were consecutive
- That the second cat basically looks like the first cat 7 years later

• Haha
Reactions: squashmaple

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You're demanding respect for your guys but throwing a ton of disrespect at other peoples' hockey knowledge.

I didn't use trigger words. It's my opinion. Laine is not returning both a 1st and a Grade A prospect. That's not the same as saying Laine sucks and is garbage and is only going to return B prospects. Words of choice is a big factor in the debates bud.

I don't think you are connecting the two together well. It's OK to have a disagreement and fans to voice their opinions. However, when you go and attack a fan base or individual and use trigger words (hilarious, garbage, trash, ridiculous, etc), you are only copy catting someone else who tried it before. Bad apples always ruin it for the bunch and the gullible ones follow behind... that's how this stupid culture was created. Too many people trying to play that "got cha game".

I stand firm. Laine has lots of skill with his shot but is not trending well. Sad to see what he is going through but I personally doubt teams offer both the 1st and grade A prospect. If they do, all the power to them... just not coming from the Habs. That's not disrespectful IMO, it's an opinion avoiding trigger words.

How a player is trending and what their cap hit/term is, means a lot. How many teams will be in on Laine? Who knows. Will there be 3-5 aggressive GM's? If so, you might get the return you want. Teams will knock on the door but most will try to buy low. It's business and nothing personal. Just be careful with your words of choice in the back and forth communication. Why? Because that's how actual GM's communicate... even in a disagreement. Habs probably offered lower than what the Canes and Ducks were asking for with Zegras and Necas. They said no and that is OK.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I'd rather he stay here and get a chance to bounce back, unless that turns out to be really bad for him.
Of course you would rather keep him if the return isn’t satisfying to you but you’re also dealing with a human who has had all sort of issues over the last couple of years and got help and wants a fresh start.

for us, it’s easy to treat them as assets that has no feelings but in reality, it’s a totally different ball game.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
There’s significant risk for whoever’s acquiring Laine. Especially at a $8.7 million cap hit. And it doesn’t sound like Columbus keeping him is in the best interest of the player or the organization at this point. If you’re selling him, it’s likely going to be at a discount or price you don’t like. You can’t get mad at posters from other fanbases for not being crazy about giving up valuable assets for him at this point. He has buyer beware written all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad