Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Chris Wideman signs with the Canadiens (1 year, $750k)

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Never forget the scene in the MGM Grand when he beat Anderson Silva. What a crazy night. Didn't even realize he had taken up hockey. Should add even more toughness to the Habs, especially come playoff time.

Reactions: shao01 and Donkeyz

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

Yeah
those 2 videos show that Subban is a bad teammate

200w.gif

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Why should he . Sex scandal in Chicago .
Draft the guy that sent nude pictures with out the female permission
Sign the uber mouth piece .

Now we know why Price waived , poor Price

That's right. Now welcome to the club Wideman. Enjoy reading these hot takes.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Also I say this every year, if your a big market team and the contract can be buried at 100%. Fans shouldn't ever complain worst vase you bury him and forget.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
I think it's really poor judgment for people to link the Wideman signing to Mailloux's selection.

Wideman was one of a number of players filmed without their knowledge venting about the boss. Yeah, it wasn't the nicest thing but it happens. You want to compare talking shit in a car between pals to humiliating and bullying a person publicly? f***ing weak.

This minor incident happened years ago. Wideman was a middling defenseman, so he ended in the KHL and appears to have paid his dues. Jury's out on whether his excellent offense over there can translate into something useful here but for 750k, I'm OK with this.

Reactions: 1909 and TheFalk

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Wait all he did was that Uber video? Lol who cares.

Ehhhh... He also had a bit of a reputation in the locker room. Nothing super egregious, but generally a d-bag and full of himself. Him blaming his exit from the NHL on the Uber video is another example of this. He had an opportunity with a couple teams after Ottawa, but he just wasn't good enough to stick around. To be fair, it was mostly due to injury though.

xxsciroccoxx

Dec 17, 2010
Why should he . Sex scandal in Chicago .
Draft the guy that sent nude pictures with out the female permission
Sign the uber mouth piece .

Now we know why Price waived , poor Price
Poor Price? And youre an Oilers fan? Poor McDavid, poor Drai, poor entire Edmonton team lolll

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Player is among group of team mates that gets caught saying some unkind things about his team and team mates. Gets blacklisted. Works his way back on a one year deal on min salary. At worst he gets waived and his salary is buried. At most, he helps the pp from a third pair role. He's a Gustafsson replacement. The only drama is here.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Yeah
those 2 videos show that Subban is a bad teammate

200w.gif
The person I replied to asked for videos of the fights, there was nothing in my reply commenting on Subban's nature as a teammate.

So simmer down.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I have found Wideman to be a pleasant surprise so far this season. He has 8 points in 15 games (6 in his last 5 games) and hasn't been terrible defensively, Romanov has played some of his best hockey when paired with Wideman as well.

Overall, he'd get a lot more appreciation if the rest of our D wasn't so terrible. In addition, he'd probably have a few more points if the coaching staff stopped forcing Petry onto our top PP units when he's been awful. Hopefully he keeps his play up and he can get us a decent pick from a team needing PP help at the deadline.

Lots of respect to Wideman for working his way through the minors/KHL to get where he is.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
I have found Wideman to be a pleasant surprise so far this season. He has 8 points in 15 games (6 in his last 5 games) and hasn't been terrible defensively, Romanov has played some of his best hockey when paired with Wideman as well.

Overall, he'd get a lot more appreciation if the rest of our D wasn't so terrible. In addition, he'd probably have a few more points if the coaching staff stopped forcing Petry onto our top PP units when he's been awful. Hopefully he keeps his play up and he can get us a decent pick from a team needing PP help at the deadline.

Lots of respect to Wideman for working his way through the minors/KHL to get where he is.
Similar start to 2017-2018. I would be surprised if he holds the pace, or fetches more than a 5th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad