Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Chris Wideman signs with the Canadiens (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Thought it was Dennis Wideman and I was wondering why Montreal was really leaning into the controversies
Then realised it was Chris, phew
Then discovered he has his own controversies (what is up with these Wide Men?)

The Slender Man is hard to find (and sign).

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Truth of the matter is ,
Mailloux may be the steal of the draft....I love it while the trolls and Haters hate the thought that we got a steal.
Bring on DeAngelo for we can hear more crying and whining from the rest of you.
yeah a 17 year old kid makes a mistake and they want to crucify him . they crucified the only guy who never sinned and taught us to forgive . i guess everyone out there on these boards never made a mistake when they were kids

Reactions: viceroy

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
question for you and all the other guys who agree with you: do you think it's hypocritical for Bergevin to have preached "character" for so long, and now go out of his way to court players with known red flags w.r.t. their character?

I think people can change. People adapt.

"Only fools don't change their mind" this quote couldnt be more accurate here.

I think MB realized all those years of getting guys with ONLY character was not getting results. If a guy has a below average character but a good skill set - you can work with it.

You cant teach a guy to have skills but you can work with a crappy personality.

Look at a guy like our very own C. Price. One of the worst attitudes and anything but a character guy when he first started. BUT he had skills, elite skills. We worked with him and around him. Now, he is the barometer for character on and off the ice. Guys respect him league wide and want to play with him and for him.

So yes, maybe just maybe-Bergevin is thinking, let me sign and take a chance on these guys like DeAngelo, Wideman, Mailloux- guys that have skill but less desirable character and if they manage to turn it around- have got an impact player.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

"Only fools don't change their mind" this quote couldnt be more accurate here.

I think MB realized all those years of getting guys with ONLY character was not getting results. If a guy has a below average character but a good skill set - you can work with it.

You cant teach a guy to have skills but you can work with a crappy personality.

Look at a guy like our very own C. Price. One of the worst attitudes and anything but a character guy when he first started. BUT he had skills, elite skills. We worked with him and around him. Now, he is the barometer for character on and off the ice. Guys respect him league wide and want to play with him and for him.

So yes, maybe just maybe-Bergevin is thinking, let me sign and take a chance on these guys like DeAngelo, Wideman, Mailloux- guys that have skill but less desirable character and if they manage to turn it around- have got an impact player.
price one of the worst attitudes? i'm not getting that part

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bbinz has gone out of his way to add size and nastiness in the defensive core, is see none of that in Wideman. And in fact, this is looks more like a clickbait longshot theh nany real insider information.

I thought that this was about discussing Wideman and not another Mailloux bashing thread?

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Sure, I might be willing to consider this. Haven't made up my mind yet. What bugs me though is:

- Subban: no known public controversies, shipped out citing "character" issues
- Wideman, Mailloux, DeAngelo: big red flag in each case but hey, people can change! let's give him another shot.

double standard makes Bergie look like a total hypocrite. the 'character' thing was garbage all along.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Sure, I might be willing to consider this. Haven't made up my mind yet. What bugs me though is:

- Wideman, Mailloux, DeAngelo: big red flag in each case but hey, people can change! let's give him another shot.

double standard makes Bergie look like a total hypocrite. the 'character' thing was garbage all along.

there is no red flag with Wideman, at all. Are there issues with Chabot, Duschene, Demelo, Tierney?

these guys were taking about the PP ffs

Reactions: MilesNewton

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

what about all the fights subban had with teammates because of his love of the spotlight ? attention hogging . always had to be in the spotlight .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad