Proposal: MTL & CGY

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Considering you guys will be likely enjoying the Panther's 20something overall in 2025, we're in no position to really move assets to buy back a low probability pick for the cost of Martin Pospisil.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
And this perspective shows a Habs fan who doesn't watch the Flames and isn't good at player evaluation.
Martin Pospisil, the guy who turns 25-years-old in November? The guy who just made it to the NHL this past season, scoring 8 goals and 24 points in 63 games? The guy who scored 62 points in 113 AHL games? The guy who was pointless in four U18 games and got two big assists in five U20 games?

This is EXACTLY what Montreal needs!!!!! The Habs should TOTALLY be in on trading down at the draft so they can add Martin Pospisil!!!!

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Martin Pospisil, the guy who turns 25-years-old in November? The guy who just made it to the NHL this past season, scoring 8 goals and 24 points in 63 games? The guy who scored 62 points in 113 AHL games? The guy who was pointless in four U18 games and got two big assists in five U20 games?

This is EXACTLY what Montreal needs!!!!! The Habs should TOTALLY be in on trading down at the draft so they can add Martin Pospisil!!!!
well well a guy that only looks at stats hey !

Reactions: Nanuuk

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014

If you ever liked Gallagher and didn't mind where he was drafted... I think you'll find similar sentiment for Pospisil from Flames fans.

If you miss prime Gallagher, then that last paragraph might be a little more literal than sarcastic.

That being said, I do think and I do worry that Pospisil will have a similar career length to Gallagher due to injuries. IIRC, he was often injured while playing in the AHL as well.

Both sides say no. But you don't have to crap on Pospisil to conclude that the trade doesn't work for MTL.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
If you ever liked Gallagher and didn't mind where he was drafted... I think you'll find similar sentiment for Pospisil from Flames fans.

If you miss prime Gallagher, then that last paragraph might be a little more literal than sarcastic.

That being said, I do think and I do worry that Pospisil will have a similar career length to Gallagher due to injuries. IIRC, he was often injured while playing in the AHL as well.

Both sides say no. But you don't have to crap on Pospisil to conclude that the trade doesn't work for MTL.
Sorry, but the Habs don't need Pospisil or a prime Gallagher, at least not at the cost of moving down from the 5th overall pick. Montreal has plenty of prospects, they lack in elite offensive players.

Bond

May 10, 2012
No thanks. I'm content to just pick BPA at #9. I don't see much difference between 2 and 12. Certainly not our best young forward and a high 2nd rounder. Picking out Pospisil at least shows you watch the Flames though and are good at player evaluation.
That is Zary. I think Pospisil is out of the league in two or three years with his injury history. I would be perfectly fine selling high on him. Don't think that is this trade though.

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
Sorry, but the Habs don't need Pospisil or a prime Gallagher, at least not at the cost of moving down from the 5th overall pick. Montreal has plenty of prospects, they lack in elite offensive players.

Then that's fine. But Flames fans aren't the ones proposing to trade up.

It's constantly Montreal fans dangling the idea of the Flames drafting Iginla at 5. Flames would rather stand pat than trade up to 5. Like I said, both sides say no. Most Flames fans are completely against the basic concept of adding assets to move up in this draft long before any other assets are discussed.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Has Lias improved at all? He had some decent AHL numbers. Any chance there's another attempted jump from him to the NHL. I guess he couldn't jump any call-ups for Montreal?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

FWIW I value Pospisil higher than Zary who scored at a 40 point pace at 22. It's like I said, you don't understand the value of the player. He's a bigger, faster version of Gallagher.

That is Zary. I think Pospisil is out of the league in two or three years with his injury history. I would be perfectly fine selling high on him. Don't think that is this trade though.
You could be correct on Pospisil getting hurt. I don't disagree with you there, although I hope not. He plays a reckless style, which is the biggest element that makes him effective.

I disagree with you on Zary being the better player today definitely though. Pospisil is so dominant in the possession game. Zary is more skilled, but doesn't drive winning the same way.

Reactions: Faceboner

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Has Lias improved at all? He had some decent AHL numbers. Any chance there's another attempted jump from him to the NHL. I guess he couldn't jump any call-ups for Montreal?

He has no value and will likely go back to Europe this summer.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Considering you guys will be likely enjoying the Panther's 20something overall in 2025, we're in no position to really move assets to buy back a low probability pick for the cost of Martin Pospisil.
CGY likelly doesn't draft top10 next year. Their team isnt trash enough. Unless they give away Markstrom for free.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
MTL : #5 + #70 + Lias Anderson
for
CGY : Martin Pospisil + #9 + #41
Too far back for Habs to do. All of Demidov, Lindstrom, Ignila be gone by then. We desperately need goal scoring forward in our system.

Calgary media say Flames going to try and compete next year. Doubt they interested in this.

If Flames make a move it be Markstrom for help now

Bond

May 10, 2012
You could be correct on Pospisil getting hurt. I don't disagree with you there, although I hope not. He plays a reckless style, which is the biggest element that makes him effective.

I disagree with you on Zary being the better player today definitely though. Pospisil is so dominant in the possession game. Zary is more skilled, but doesn't drive winning the same way.
Yeah, he needs to play with an edge to be effective but it is tough on the body. He was playing well at the worlds and then got injured. I think he’ll end up going the way of Ferland unfortunately. One or two more bad concussions and he’ll hang ‘em up.

I think Zary will continue to improve and has a way higher ceiling than Pospisil but I’ve thought he is one of the Flames better prospects for a while now

Bond

May 10, 2012
CGY likelly doesn't draft top10 next year. Their team isnt trash enough. Unless they give away Markstrom for free.
lol they just finished ninth and lost two top four dman, a #4/5 dman, and their #1C. Where’s the improvement coming from? Keep dreaming lol

Reactions: Volica

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009

By the time Gallagher was 25 he had 324 NHL games and 87 NHL goals under is belt. Probably another 20 disallowed for goalie interference

• Haha
Reactions: Gaud

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
By the time Gallagher was 25 he had 324 NHL games and 87 NHL goals under is belt. Probably another 20 disallowed for goalie interference

I certainly might be curious to know how Pospisil's career might have differed if the pandemic wasn't a thing, but I'm not trying to say all Pospisil's career will be identical to Gallagher. I'm saying the dude is in the same ilk as Gallagher.

It was totally possible that other guy completely hates Gallagher. If that was the case, I would have responded with "Fair enough. Agree to disagree."

Throwing a different name out there, Pospisil gives me career length nervousness as Lance Bouma. Similar levels of recklessness.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Prime Gallagher was a 30 goal scorer...

Reactions: Figgy44

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I would not count on it. He's a depth piece at this stage. Age 26 season coming and he didn't push for an NHL spot from age 23-25.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Garbage proposal. Hardly a difference between 2-12. Why are we adding Pospisil

Don't confuse yourself with the unknown. The list is not easy to nail down from 2-13/14 but there are some BPA waives of talent in that range.

Regardless, I am not trading down with the Flames to add Pospisil. This Habs fan passes so you can take your garbage narrative and have a party

Reactions: CTHabsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad