Proposal: MTL / CGY

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I can’t wait to see Flames’ fans reaction when Bennett gets traded sometime this season for a low 2nd round pick at best.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
That might be his value, but why do you think Flames would do that?
If he has another shit season and the management doesn’t want to extend him. Trade him as high as you can.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I can’t wait to see Flames’ fans reaction when Bennett gets traded sometime this season for a low 2nd round pick at best.

Why?
He'll be playing with the best players he'll have played with over the past 2 seasons easily this year now that we have depth?

The guy's making decent money, plays the right way... Calgary has no need to trade him. Can people on the main board understand that? Why are we trying to get value back, when we already have a cheap, cost controlled, winger with grit at minimum; like at least? Giving Bennett up for a 2nd does nothing for Calgary. It's not like we're bursting at the seams to have someone else play the 3LW/spit centre role anytime soon.

So, in your infinite wisdom, why are we trading him exactly for a shit return?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Montreal should say no, Lehkonen will be their first line winger in the near future.

But bergevin, Sam is a centre?

Oh right, we would do that trade and be the worse team.

Attachments

• E1C33DF9-BFEA-43EC-A992-DD438F712108.png
    E1C33DF9-BFEA-43EC-A992-DD438F712108.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 18

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Montreal should say no, Lehkonen will be their first line winger in the near future.

But bergevin, Sam is a centre?

Oh right, we would do that trade and be the worse team.
Which website shows those stats again? Thanks in advance.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Lateral move at best. Bennett has a higher pedigree due to where he was drafted, but they are similar player at this point. Both of potential for more. Don't think Bennett will ever make it at Center, specially not in Calgary with Monahan, Backlund, Jankowski, Ryan.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Lateral move at best. Bennett has a higher pedigree due to where he was drafted, but they are similar player at this point. Both of potential for more. Don't think Bennett will ever make it at Center, specially not in Calgary with Monahan, Backlund, Jankowski, Ryan.

The most sensible post in this whole thread.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
this is bad for the flames but a LH winger is the least Montreal needs, i wouldn't be against a lateral swap of a similar prospect of lehk but RH

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
we need Lehks abilities. We dont need a Bennett whos been extremely disappointing. IDC who actually has more value, this isnt a deal the Habs make. We have enough of those headache cases: Drouin, Chucky (now Domi), and now u suggest Bennett? Oooh Hell NO!!

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
im high on scherbak and think he's a late bloomer due to his weak lower body strenght but you still can't gamble him him alone. in our ready depth chart

LH domi, drouin, hudon, lehkonen, pacioretty, byron, peca
RH Gallagher, armia, scherbak, shaw

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Yeah no, rather keep Lehkonen as he fits well and is the better player.

But I get the Flames not wanting to give up on Sam just yet, I'd do the same.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
MTL POV: Lehkonen bring more to the table than what the stats show. He had a nice 1st season, but last year, the entire team sucked and he was stuck with an old Plekanec. I'm sure he will rebound and will probably become a 20 goal scorer/45-50 pts per season. And he's pretty good defensively.

CGY POV: Bennett have more potential, he did good when he was used on a specific line (with Gaudreau and Backlund I think. But Ferland was always used in front of him if I remember correctly). A lot of people hate on him just because he doesn't live up to his draft position, but he's still a useful player IMO.

This trade is equal, but it's a loss-loss just because neither team need to do this.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
MTL POV: Lehkonen bring more to the table than what the stats show. He had a nice 1st season, but last year, the entire team sucked and he was stuck with an old Plekanec. I'm sure he will rebound and will probably become a 20 goal scorer/45-50 pts per season. And he's pretty good defensively.

CGY POV: Bennett have more potential, he did good when he was used on a specific line (with Gaudreau and Backlund I think. But Ferland was always used in front of him if I remember correctly). A lot of people hate on him just because he doesn't live up to his draft position, but he's still a useful player IMO.

This trade is equal, but it's a loss-loss just because neither team need to do this.

Love how in every Plekanec thread, it's Plekanec being dragged down by his linemates. In a Lehkonen thread, it's Lehkonen being dragged down by an older Plekanec....

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Love how in every Plekanec thread, it's Plekanec being dragged down by his linemates. In a Lehkonen thread, it's Lehkonen being dragged down by an older Plekanec....

Don't know why you try to turn this into an argument about what other people say in other thread.

And I would love to see a quote from someone blaming Plekanec linemates for the 2017-2018 season. It's probably someone who like to blame everything for no reasons, or a pro Plekanec, where in these cases, Idk why it would be relevent for you to talk about it?

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal

What? I haven't seen that on here. It's quite the opposite (and true at this point in his career). We still can't believe Gally scored 30 playing 90% of his time with Plekanec

Reactions: Steeler23

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

I don’t think either answer really reflected what was happening.

Plek’s line was put out above their heads lots. Rather than be treated like a 3rd line with young players, it was often treated like a second line to shutdown top lines. Plek doesn’t have a lot of offence left in him but he did well to drive possession still. Plek’s offensive stats benefitted because the young guys have finishing abilities (especially Lehkonen) and he was a 45 pt player rather than a 25pt (he got lots of primary assists).

Lehkonen meanwhile lost out on someone who can drive offence when playing with Plek but put up better possession numbers. Lehkonen’s lack of points had as much to do playing with Plek as it did with the back injury he had all season, he’s no doubt going to have a big season when a) Patches is traded and he takes over 1LW duties, b) his back heals up and c) he’s out with a centre who drives offence well.

Attachments

• 3FBFCAD7-36EA-4A7D-B8C4-E88672D0AE4D.png
    3FBFCAD7-36EA-4A7D-B8C4-E88672D0AE4D.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 8

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I don’t think either answer really reflected what was happening.

Plek’s line was put out above their heads lots. Rather than be treated like a 3rd line with young players, it was often treated like a second line to shutdown top lines. Plek doesn’t have a lot of offence left in him but he did well to drive possession still. Plek’s offensive stats benefitted because the young guys have finishing abilities (especially Lehkonen) and he was a 45 pt player rather than a 25pt (he got lots of primary assists).

Lehkonen meanwhile lost out on someone who can drive offence when playing with Plek but put up better possession numbers. Lehkonen’s lack of points had as much to do playing with Plek as it did with the back injury he had all season, he’s no doubt going to have a big season when a) Patches is traded and he takes over 1LW duties, b) his back heals up and c) he’s out with a centre who drives offence well.

Lehkonen isn't going to have any better opportunities on the Flames. He's not replacing Gaudreau or Tkachuk on the LW. He won't be getting 2 mins/night of PP duty, like he did in Montreal.

He doesn't bring anything to the Flames. I just don't see him as a fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad