Proposal: MTL / CGY

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Makes no sense at all. Lehkonen at best would be the Flames #3LW, which is where Bennett will likely find himself. I'd rather keep Bennett and be patient with him. I also think the Flames have a fairly similar guy in Mangiapane.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Lehtonen is not going to make the Flames top 6.

And if I want a bottom 6 player, Bennett is far superior.

Also if I want to make a bet, I would rather bet on Bennett

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Pass as a Habs fan. Lehkonen is the better player, and he was killing it once Plekanec left and he got the chance with better players. Bennett is horrific as a center.

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
To Montreal
Sam Bennett

To Calgary
Artturi Lehkonen

Simple swap. Second chance for Bennett as a centre. Calgary gets the better goal scorer with the better PPG last season. Both quite young.

Lehkonen has proven less then Bennett, and Bennett even with his struggles is can be effective on the third line, I don't think Lehkonen can.

Calgary hard pass.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Lol, this reminds me of the Marc Savard / Ruslan Zainullin trade, who you may remember as the trade that ended Craig Buttons career in the NHL as a GM.

Zero chance Treliving would be as stupid to give up on a just turned 22 year old former #4 over pick(and his first ever draft pick to boot) for a bottom 6 tweener.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Don’t see why the flames do this? Doesn’t do anything for them, lateral move at best. Might as well keep Bennett and hope he can bounce back with a new coach.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Makes no sense at all. Lehkonen at best would be the Flames #3LW, which is where Bennett will likely find himself. I'd rather keep Bennett and be patient with him. I also think the Flames have a fairly similar guy in Mangiapane.

Lehkonen plays both LW and RW. I'd even say he's looked a little better on RW.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Lehkonen has proven less then Bennett, and Bennett even with his struggles is can be effective on the third line, I don't think Lehkonen can.

Calgary hard pass.

You don't think Lehkonen can be effective on the 3rd line, where he's played a lot? Based on what?

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Lehkonen last two seasons (his rookie and sophomore) 49 points in 139 games. 29 pt pace.

Sam Bennett last two years 52 points in 163 games. 26 point pace.
Have say no, lehkonen is producing at a higher rate having only been in the league 2 years vs Bennett's 4. Also there is a good chance Lehkonen will score 20 goals this year can't say that about Bennet. (Before someone says you are overating lehkonen, he had a 20 goal pace as a rookie and a 15 goal pace last year playing injured).

VeeMerk

Jan 16, 2018

Calgary hard pass.

It's not even about which player is better, it just doesn't make sense for both teams.

Calgary shouldn't give up on Bennett just yet. He's young and has plenty of untapped potential. As soon as he gets chem with a line mate i'm sure he'll be better.

Habs shouldn't trade Lehkonen. Yes he's been spotty but he's very smart on the ice and the fact that they kept moving him around and his injury definitely limited his production. As a team who has a lot of Finland players in their pool, I would keep him and develop him more.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Lehkonen plays both LW and RW. I'd even say he's looked a little better on RW.

He's got a nice one-timer on the right side. I think he'll get more PP time with Galchenyuk gone and he will be that right side shooter, at least on the 2nd unit. A lot of opportunity to put up points there on the Habs' PP because when Weber gets back he draws so much coverage on the left side. I doubt Lehkonen's shot will ever be quite as good as Galchenyuk's, but he's a smarter player so he should be in an open position more for his teammates to hit him and he's better on the boards too.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad