Proposal: Mtl / Calgary

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Gallagher is going downhill. His contract is going to be similar to Lucic/Neal sooner than later. They may have to buy him out in a couple years
Crystal ball crystal ball alert.
He's had nonsignificant injury since last season, in which he had his usual pace. He's been trying to play injured all year , we'll see about Lucic (who's not looking bad at all) and Neal. He's going to go on LTIR worst case scenario

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I’d pass if I’m the Flames. Wouldn’t want the Gallagher contract. The value here isn’t the issue. It’s the term left on the Gallagher deal.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
30goals /82 games for 4 years not 5. Typo.
Heck if you only count the shifts he scores on Tuesday nights in New York he's a goal per shift player.

45 point guy in his prime that is on pace for 10 this year and only makes 6.5 for another six seasons. Can't believe there isn't a lineup around the block for him.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Heck if you only count the shifts he scores on Tuesday nights in New York he's a goal per shift player.

45 point guy in his prime that is on pace for 10 this year and only makes 6.5 for another six seasons. Can't believe there isn't a lineup around the block for him.
4 last season being on pace for 30g over 82 games but ok. Keep your shitty players

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
4 last season being on pace for 30g over 82 games but ok. Keep your shitty players
So what you're saying is he's only worth slightly less than his contract in years where you can prorate 30 games seasons?

Dude, you're talking about actual assets for a guy who averages less than 45 points, is very small and makes 6.5 per into his mid 30s. How do you not see you're being ridiculous? Heck Lucic is worth more than Gallagher.

Reactions: ole ole

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
So what you're saying is he's only worth slightly less than his contract in years where you can prorate 30 games seasons?

Dude, you're talking about actual assets for a guy who averages less than 45 points, is very small and makes 6.5 per into his mid 30s. How do you not see you're being ridiculous? Heck Lucic is worth more than Gallagher.
Mid 30s. 45pts. Never qorth his contract. Bye now troll.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
no way Habs do this. Monahan is a BUST now Zardorov is way too slow. Gally has more heart then the entire Calgary team and Kulak is just coming into his own.YOU WANT Gally, start with a 1st and keep adding until IT HURTS and your BLEEDING.
yes we do

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
There is no such thing as a rebuild in Mtl. Monahan gives mtl 1 more year and Zadorov is UFA next yr. It gives Mtl a few calculated options to consider.
yes there is a rebuild in montreal . any other path would be moronic

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Averages less than 45 points. :huh:
607 GP--367PTS I see your no math teacher. :popcorn:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
sure
fine
whatever

I would do it for the simple pleasure of watching the Habs try to play Monahan as a top 6 C next year.
i'd give him all the power play time he could handle and hopefully have him score a few . retain 50 % on him and first team that wanted him sell him for a pick . 6 plus million in cap freed up by the end of the year .

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Averages less than 45 points. :huh:
607 GP--367PTS I see your no math teacher. :popcorn:
Do the games he misses each year not count? He averages 43.8 points per season taking out the rookie year and the shortened covid year. Do they not teach basic math in Montreal? He didn't get any points in the games he was suspended and injured.

Crow52

Jan 8, 2020
yes there is a rebuild in montreal . any other path would be moronic
If you talk rebuild in Mtl the fans and media will run you out of town. There will be a new direction from management but they also expect to make the playoffs every year.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
The Flames are likely trying to keep their options open cap-wise. Plus Gallagher is too small. The Flames already have Gaudreau and Mangiapane in the top 6. The Flames have already been shuffling Coleman and Lucic into the 2nd line to add more physical presence. I like Gallagher's game, but this just is not a fit.

Could see him being a better fit for Edmonton. Gallagher would be great digging the boards, tapping in goals, getting into dirty places, etc..

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Do the games he misses each year not count? He averages 43.8 points per season taking out the rookie year and the shortened covid year. Do they not teach basic math in Montreal? He didn't get any points in the games he was suspended and injured.

Gallagher has a career point per game average of .604.

You do the math.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Since this is already ridiculous, I'm just gonna lay it out there in it's most simple form, so that hopefully everyone can understand. Nobody wants Gallagher at his current contract. Habs fans don't even want him at his current contract. End thread.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
It won't be surprising if Gallagher is traded after this season .
Montreal retains 45 % 2,925,000 per x 5 years .

Other team ?
3,575,000 per x 5 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad