(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Verdun, Montréal
How do you not even get a game for that barbaric act?

you guys lol

1727703158016.png

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It really depends on what the intent is.

If it is to deter future incidents, they have to be significant enough to make a player restrain themselves in extremely emotional situations.

As I've said frequently in this thread, I don't think a one-game suspension vs. a fine will make any difference in that department.

On the other hand, throwing the book at Xhekaj because you want to set an example in a situation where no one was even injured is unlikely.
Players like x, who are in the league for only one reason, will continue to cross the line and attack other guys in these situations. If x doesn’t attack Pare then he’s soon out of the league. That’s his (“unspoken” publicly) job.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
I don't mind giving a guy a good beating for injuring your star player, but I'm just curious how many who were cool with this also said Todd Bertuzzi was a POS who should've been banned from hockey and jailed...
[Raises hand] Although I never said jailed. I believe I said sued into oblivion or something

You're comparing an apple to a tomato here. If you squint the two incidents look kind of similar, but they're not. Bert hit Moore on the side of his head/high cheekbone, w/ glove on. He then drove Moore's head first onto the ice using his(Bertuzzi's) body weight as leverage. AX just kept punching him on the back of his bucket. Could he have injured Pare? Sure. Comparing it to Bertuzzi though is more than just a touch much.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
[Raises hand] Although I never said jailed. I believe I said sued into oblivion or something

You're comparing an apple to a tomato here. If you squint the two incidents look kind of similar, but they're not. Bert hit Moore on the side of his head/high cheekbone, w/ glove on. He then drove Moore's head firstinto the ice using his body weight as leverage. AX just kept punching him on the back of his bucket. Could he have injured Pare? Sure. Comparing it to Bertuzzi though is more than just a touch much.
You do realize x kept his gloves on so he wouldn’t break his hands, right?
If this fine is the precedent for attacking another player from behind and repainting them in the back of the head then what does the league do if it’s a star player who is attacked? The precedent is there and the NHLPA would win an appeal if the DOPS tried to hand out a suspension.

Jan 21, 2018
The leafs plug who kneed him will be the doorman at a Montreal bar before long.

It’s funny when habs fans pretend like Pare is going to be homeless soon.

Pare’s AAV is $775k, minors salary is $400k.

Do you make anywhere near that amount? Probably not.

You are significantly closer to being a doorman at a Montreal bar than Pare will ever be.

• Haha
Reactions: Petrus and OVO16

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
If you want a guy to fight as part of the code, challenge him properly.

Pare absolutely should have accepted a fight, but he's under no obligation to have it start when he's off balance after being spun around from the blindside when the other guy already has his ears pinned back going for the jersey grab.

X did the same against Reaves- grabbed him from behind when he was still on one knee. Needs to dial down the spaz and square up. Domi's the same way for the Leafs.

Last edited:

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Similar in that a scrub took out a star player and then didn't answer the bell, forcing the other team's tough guy to chase them around the ice and deliver a shot to the head? Sure, they're similar in that sense I suppose.

This seems like a lot of similar details to try to apparently pass off the incident as "Not all that similar".

Realistically, the only difference here is that WiFi didn't KO Pare with the sucker punch to the back of the head like Bertuzzi did, which resulted in Moore collapsing and Bertuzzi riding him neck first into the ice.

BTW, I'm not really arguing against beating the piss out of a guy for hurting your star. That's old time hockey and I'm good with it. I'm just laughing that there's probably a lot of people cool with this who bitched for years about how Bertuzzi should've been banned from hockey.

Reactions: Realgud

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
While gambling gets you 41 games.

If there was an actual will to police this kind of thing, we'd see it in the punishments.

It's funny because the PA is both responsible for ensuring that players are able to perform at their best out there on the ice, and also supposedly to look out for player safety.

But realistically, it's about ensuring that their clients get the money, so increasing suspension lengths is something they are loathe to promote.
Gambling on NHL games as NHL player is a serious offense. I don't think you realise the implication of it. There are reasons why all sports are very severe against it and even have banned players out of their sport for it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Gambling on NHL games as NHL player is a serious offense. I don't think you realise the implication of it. There are reasons why all sports are very severe against it and even have banned players out of their sport for it.

I'm sure it's a very serious issue in terms of the credibility of the sport and sports betting.

But what you are also saying is that it's a lot more important than the safety and long-term well-being of the players.

You do realize that Shane Pinto did not gamble on any NHL games. He had a friend lay a bet down in a different jurisdiction on his behalf.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If any player got found to be gambling on their games they’d be cooked, wouldn’t they?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

You're comparing an apple to a tomato here. If you squint the two incidents look kind of similar, but they're not. Bert hit Moore on the side of his head/high cheekbone, w/ glove on. He then drove Moore's head first onto the ice using his(Bertuzzi's) body weight as leverage. AX just kept punching him on the back of his bucket. Could he have injured Pare? Sure. Comparing it to Bertuzzi though is more than just a touch much.

I'm not sure what's more laughable...

1. Pretending they're "Not similar unless you squint" when both literally chased down a guy, grabbed him by the jersey, and sucker punched him from behind.

Or:

2. Pretending Bertuzzi deliberately angled Moore head first downward and drove him into the ice, when what actually happened is he already had hold on Moore and KO'ed him with a sucker punch, sending them both down.

And that's not meant to absolve Bertuzzi. Him sucker punching Moore absolutely caused it. The point is if WiFi had KO'ed Pare we could be potentially dealing with the exact same problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad