(MTL) Arber Xhekaj has been fined $3,385.42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Xhekaj is an objectively better player in every measure but we all know what your agenda is here so have fun being stuck with Reaves

Xherkaj is a lot younger, he is better currently (still a borderline NHLer), no argument.

He isn't good, and he won't have as good of a career as Reaves, those are both also true.

I actually hadn't seen Reinbacher's hit as I missed that game, very dirty and dangerous hit that he should have had to answer for - maybe cause Minten skated off nobody knew it was as bad at the time but wouldn't have been offended if someone took him to task and if Reeves is the first to get to him so be it, needs to learn consequences for actions

Okay, glad we agree, Reaves should take on Reinbacher first chance he gets, and if he doesn't want to fight, throw him to the ice and punch him in the back of the head.

• Haha
Reactions: Sasha Orlov

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Did Perry owe the Leafs a fight after the Tavares injury in the playoffs? Because they came knocking, twice if I remember correctly. And he answered the bell. Hockey code.

No he didn't, it was a dumb fight.

Most fans thought it was dumb, I am pretty sure most teammates thought it was dumb too.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Xhekaj is an objectively better player in every measure but we all know what your agenda is here so have fun being stuck with Reaves
What' funny his even with only 50% of Reaves gp, he would still have more TOI than him. And the guy probably don't even know that Reaves wasn't even in the nhl at Xhekaj age.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I think Xhekaj is going to go knee on knee on one of the Leafs stars, and THEN he'll fight Reaves.

This is going to go bad, quick IMO

I don't think there is a chance he does that...

First, off Laine was a cap dump, not sure why he warrants this much attention.

Secondly, the Habs are much softer than the Leafs, outside of Xhekaj they have Anderson maybe who can hold his own, but that's it.

I don't think it'd go well for the Habs if they start gooning it up.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Xherkaj is a lot younger, he is better currently (still a borderline NHLer), no argument.

He isn't good, and he won't have as good of a career as Reaves, those are both also true.

Okay, glad we agree, Reaves should take on Reinbacher first chance he gets, and if he doesn't want to fight, throw him to the ice and punch him in the back of the head.
Guess if it has to be Reeves so be it, would think there's someone else in the Leafs line up that could tune up the 19 yr old rookie and deliver the message, we don't really have anyone other than X to do our fighting but yes if Reeves came calling and Reinbacher turtled fill your boots

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

Secondly, the Habs are much softer than the Leafs, outside of Xhekaj they have Anderson maybe who can hold his own, but that's it.

And the leaf have who outside of Reaves?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Guess if it has to be Reeves so be it, would think there's someone else in the Leafs line up that could tune up the 19 yr old rookie and deliver the message, we don't really have anyone other than X to do our fighting but yes if Reeves came calling and Reinbacher turtled fill your boots

This was my whole point.

X is so far out of Pare's league in fighting that it made no sense.

Send the middle-level tough guy to fight a non-fighter.

Is the objective to win the fight or to teach a lesson?

If it is to win, then Reaves makes the most sense and no clue why you'd suggest someone else.

If it is to teach a lesson, then someone else in Montreal should have stepped up instead of X.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017

Bro Wifi is a better player than Reaves ever was. Wifi is a steady d man with a great shot, excellent physicality and can play the game. He's perfectly fine. And we love him.

I love him so much that he'd be one of the few guys I'd be upset to lose.

Wifi, we got his younger bro, we got Anderson, we got Pezz, and we got Struble. In this day and age that's all you need. Leafs have Reaves. f*** all else.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Bro Wifi is a better player than Reaves ever was. Wifi is a steady d man with a great shot, excellent physicality and can play the game. He's perfectly fine. And we love him.

He isn't even a full time NHLer.

Wifi, we got his younger bro, we got Anderson, we got Pezz, and we got Struble. In this day and age that's all you need. Leafs have Reaves. f*** all else.

You listed a bunch of punching bags...

Pezzetta's last fight was a warm-up for his yearly beatings.

Is Florian playing? Are they starting the tank game 1? No NHL fights.

Struble has no NHL fights but looks like he is 1-1 in the minors.

Anderson is the second-best fighter on your team by a mile, it just sucks that he is a 5.5 million-dollar fighter.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
This was my whole point.

X is so far out of Pare's league in fighting that it made no sense.

Send the middle-level tough guy to fight a non-fighter.

Is the objective to win the fight or to teach a lesson?

If it is to win, then Reaves makes the most sense and no clue why you'd suggest someone else.

If it is to teach a lesson, then someone else in Montreal should have stepped up instead of X.
Has been my complaint about our team for a decade, too soft and in our pregame thread I actually called out MSL for seeming not allowing retaliation even when we had some guys that were middle weights in the line up. Anderson is a reluctant scrapper given his shoulder problems, Ghule isn't terrible but light weight and fragile, Struble is strong and can throw a bit, Pezz is a gamer but not going to win or teach a lesson. Gorton built a soft team in New York and was part of him leaving, we have started drafting some bigger kids with some sand paper but yesterday's line ups was closer to the Fellowship of the Ring

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
He isn't even a full time NHLer.

You listed a bunch of punching bags...

Pezzetta's last fight was a warm-up for his yearly beatings.

Is Florian playing? Are they starting the tank game 1? No NHL fights.

Struble has no NHL fights but looks like he is 1-1 in the minors.

Anderson is the second-best fighter on your team by a mile, it just sucks that he is a 5.5 million-dollar fighter.

Anderson would be the second best fighter on your team too. So what???

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
It’s just funny because I sit on a number of disciplinary committees and fines are often the most common form of discipline employed.

Can’t believe you are unaware of this.

If I’m not mistaken you are a medical professional of some description.

If so you would be fully aware of the much higher rate of brain injury/coma/death from direct strike to the base of the skull and realize that this was much more dangerous than a cross check that rides up or even directly to the face.
If they want to change the culture around head shots, they have to make it clear and announce it before a season even begins so that there is a collective understanding of the stakes and the consequences.

In the absence of any kind of announcement or rule change, I’m not sure what you are expecting.

He was assessed 27 minutes in penalties and kicked out of the game. The player was not injured.

Personally, as I said earlier, a one-game suspension is not going to deter a team enforcer from taking matters into his own hands in the event of a perceived dirty play.

It has to be 5 or 10 games for someone to think twice about going after someone who just injured your star player with no penalty on the play.

Headshots and punching someone at the base of the skull/brain stem are completely different and are treated as such in every combat sport.

Grouping them together is ridiculous

berklon

Dec 24, 2008
"My hockey player can beat up your hockey player!"

Goes to show that fighting needs to be removed from the game. You don't see nonsense like this posted by fans of other team sports.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Goes to show that fighting needs to be removed from the game. You don't see nonsense like this posted by fans of other team sports.
Who cares about other sports? There’s a reason we’re all on a hockey board

Sep 18, 2009

Fighting? hitting will be removed once the research comes out

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015

lol at naming players that aren’t even going to make your team.

That’s how you know you have a butter soft group.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If I’m not mistaken you are a medical professional of some description.

If so you would be fully aware of the much higher rate of brain injury/coma/death from direct strike to the base of the skull and realize that this was much more dangerous than a cross check that rides up or even directly to the face.

Headshots and punching someone at the base of the skull/brain stem are completely different and are treated as such in every combat sport.

Grouping them together is ridiculous

Consider that Pinto received 41 games for having someone else lay a bet down for him and you’ll see an actual deterrent that will do something.

The fact that people are upset that was a fine instead of a single game is laughable to me because neither penalty is going to change anything.

People are talking about deterrence as if a single game suspension will make Arber Xhekaj act differently the next time he sees one of his team's star players lying injured on the ice at the hands of an opposition player.

It won't.

Pinto's punishment is a pretty clear indication of what the league thinks is important behaviour to alter.

Expecting the league to come down with that kind of hammer on Arber Xhekaj in a pre-season game on a play where no one was injured is pretty naive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad