Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Alex Radulov (1 year, $5.750M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DTM

Jun 24, 2014
I've seen worse gambles. Much safer bet at getting the best offensive player on the market for 1 year than signing Lucic or Eriksson with huge multi-year deals - especially if Weber, who actually played with him unlike this board's trolls, approved the signing as reported by TSN.

Congrats Montreal. Haters gonna hate.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
hypocrisy-meter-2.jpg

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Seriously, this guy is top-end talent and we were able to sign him for a 1-year contract. It's amazing how people love to hate the Habs :laugh:

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Name Radulov captain. Why not? What a great way to welcome Weber to the dressing room.

It's probably what's going to happen. This team puts all their eggs in the sarcasm basket.

More seriously, I'm quite happy about that contract. Canadiens needed skills badly and that for the past couple of years.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If he's matured I'm happy with this. Legitimate scoring talent outside Patches and Chucky. That's IF he's matured. Hopefully he has.

Habs still have cap space to get another middle-six forward to round out the lineup.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Yeah, this is really a high reward low risk deal. Whats the worst that can happen? He sucks and gets put on waivers? Its a deal most teams make.

Best of all, Weber can meet him at the airport :nod:

Look Up

Let me tell you about my Celica again
Oct 3, 2013
Great signing.

Montreal will be back in the playoffs with a healthy Price, upgraded #1 D, Shaw, and now Radulov.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
154 games , 102 points, he's been there

When scoring was higher... 8 years ago... he has proven nothing in my mind. If he works out, good for the Habs, but I wouldn't have given him that. Habs desperately need skill up there so hopefully it does.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
- Trade your marquee player for alleged character issues.
- Acquire player who is notorious for alleged character issues.

What the hell is Montreal doing?

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
So, Montreal gets rid of one supposed locker room problem.... and brings in the ultimate locker room problem. :shakehead:facepalm:

I'd hate to be a Habs fan now.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
We signed the most skilled player in free agency today. For 1 year. At a reasonable salary.

Can't hate on this.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
As a habs fan, I'm extremely happy with this. A nice low risk, very high reward signing.

Radulov is still young and in his prime, he's been destroying the KHL...now let's see if he's matured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad