MrB1P's top 50 affiliated prospects. Volume 6.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Pretty bad overall. Lots of Homer in this one. Joshua Roy ahead of guys like Parekh and pretty much everyone under him is pretty hilarious and stands out to me. Hutson also way too high. Reinbacher the same. Can't take this seriously
Why did you mention Parekh? Is it because he's a Flame? How is Coronato doing by the way? Better or worse than Joshua Roy?

Just asking follow up questions.

Nikishin too low. Trikozov too high.
I don't rate their NHL readiness but the value their future careers would have. Do you not believe in Trikozov?

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Why did you mention Parekh? Is it because he's a Flame? How is Coronato doing by the way? Better or worse than Joshua Roy?

Just asking follow up questions.

I don't rate their NHL readiness but the value their future careers would have. Do you not believe in Trikozov?
Coronato absolutely was better than Roy last year. Lol.

Parekh just happened to be two spots below Roy. You're a homer and these are biased rankings.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
First, take the 11-14 block of players and rearrange it to:

Levshunov
Smith
Gauthier
Leonard

Then move the entire block of players and insert it between Celebrini and Michkov.

Lastly, slide Nikishin in behind Celebrini.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
First, take the 11-14 block of players and rearrange it to:

Levshunov
Smith
Gauthier
Leonard

Then move the entire block of players and insert it between Celebrini and Michkov.

Lastly, slide Nikishin in behind Celebrini.
Michkov is gonna have a better career than all of those.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
All the guys you mentioned except Fox are forwards. And Fox is a few inches taller than Hutson and has a thicker build. Very few Dmen at Hutson’s size go on to have good NHL careers. That’s why so few teams want Hutson, he holds little value on the trade market,
"A few" being one

Reactions: viceroy

WentWughes

Apr 16, 2023
Reinbacher, Wright and Firkus are way too high,ASP, Simashev and Cowan should be on anyone’s top 50 aswell in my opinion. I like lists that are out of the ordinary though, consensus usually ages horribly so I appreciate people making a unique list based on there own thoughts only. Clearly a big fan of Roy, I love the player as well but I don’t think he has high enough potential to be that high on the top 50 list.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
People talking crap about bias as if they don't have bias of their own; as if there was an objective list to be made out there.

Also, people complaining about X player being 5 spots low/high as if there was a clear cut difference between 10 and 15, 20 and 25 or whatnot. Maybe a list of prospects in different tiers instead of a ranking like this would help some of you guys sleep better.

I do believe some Habs prospects to be a bit high, but look at the ODD backlash; "Reinbacher in the thirties"; give me a break :help:

Thanks for the list Mrb1p; I may not agree with it entirely, but it's better than any list I could have come up with.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
It's my opinion, yes. That's exactly what I meant and I do these lists because I think it's fun to try and predict who is going to be the better of prospects. It was also your opinion before, that's how most posts here work.
You didn’t present your position as an opinion; you made a definitive statement. Learn the difference before trying to be condescending with people.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Very aggressive on firkus. I have my doubts that he can translate at that size.

Thank you for the list!
That was my first thought as well and his team mates probably projects better as well and I thought he meant Yager but top 10 is too high for with guy.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It's the Seattle helium I took apparently.

More seriously though, Wrights year was fantastic and overall I do think he had a better year than those two. I expect they land around the same range in value so the difference in ranking is only reflected by numbers but not the actual small gap between like player #6 and #37. You do have to rank them at the end of the day.
The thing about Wright is that it is fine to rank him there but then you have Stank sooo low and he did much better in the AHL and NHL.

Reactions: Lou Sassole

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Read the criteria, and ASP isn't a slam dunk top 50 so IDK what's crazy. He still hasn't impressed in ways he should.
ASP had a pretty historic season, imo impressed more than about half the list. It’s your opinion, but mine is he’s closer to top 20 than outside the top 50.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Miroschnikenko over Yurov and Nikishin is a real head scratcher. But you’ll never please everyone with these lists. Here is mine

1. Celebrini
  2. Michkov
  3. Gauthier
  4. Smith
  5. Nikishin
  6. Mateychuk
  7. Leonard
  8. Demidov
  9. Lindstrom
  10. ASP
  11. Buium
  12. Levshunov
  13. Yurov
  14. Sennecke
  15. Catton
  16. Wright
  17. Silayev
  18. Musty
  19. Danielson
  20. Nazar
  21. Iginla
  22. Reinbacher
  23. Parekh
  24. Yakemchuk
  25. Willander
  26. Hutson
  27. Dickinson
  28. Wood
  29. Stankoven
  30. Kemell
  31. Kulich
  32. Dvorsky
  33. Bischel
  34. Geekie
  35. C.Ritchie
  36. Perreault
  37. Ohgren
  38. Helenius
  39. Casey
  40. Yager
  41. Stolberg
  42. Lekkerimaki
  43. Roy
  44. Casey
  45. Firkus
  46. Bourque
  47. Savoie
  48. Miroschnichenko
  49. Rinzel
  50. Luneau
Forgot Simashev, Brindley & Coronato. Probably son others too

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Static and Haatley

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Miroschnikenko over Yurov and Nikishin is a real head scratcher. But you’ll never please everyone with these lists. Here is mine

1. Celebrini
  2. Michkov
  3. Gauthier
  4. Smith
  5. Nikishin
  6. Mateychuk
  7. Leonard
  8. Demidov
  9. Lindstrom
  10. ASP
  11. Buium
  12. Levshunov
  13. Yurov
  14. Sennecke
  15. Catton
  16. Wright
  17. Silayev
  18. Musty
  19. Danielson
  20. Nazar
  21. Iginla
  22. Reinbacher
  23. Parekh
  24. Yakemchuk
  25. Willander
  26. Hutson
  27. Dickinson
  28. Wood
  29. Stankoven
  30. Kemell
  31. Kulich
  32. Dvorsky
  33. Bischel
  34. Geekie
  35. C.Ritchie
  36. Perreault
  37. Ohgren
  38. Helenius
  39. Casey
  40. Yager
  41. Stolberg
  42. Lekkerimaki
  43. Roy
  44. Casey
  45. Firkus
  46. Bourque
  47. Savoie
  48. Miroschnichenko
  49. Rinzel
  50. Luneau
Im gonna put my homer glasses on and ask what a guy like Brindley has to do to be a higher rated prospect? Like I see Nazar at 20 when Brindley brings more and has been better so far offensively which is Nazar's thing

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I still can't believe Montreal passed over Kulich, Firkus and Lambert for Mesar.

Slafkovsky
Kulich or Firkus
Beck
Hutson

Would be one hell of a draft.

Still, Slaf/Beck/Hutson are great picks, Mesar still has potential.

Yes, the usual 'but Habs prospects suck' whining.
Yes, the Mesar pick was terrible. We would've have an insane prospect pool right now with like 20 other players picked at that spot. I also don't like that they picked that Mucus goalie instead of Poirier this year.
Helenius clears Savoie. That’s why Savoie was the trade chip.
Both are really close, ultimately, I think they have similar projection but I see Savoie as having a bit more potential on account of his skating and offensive acumen. I think at the end of the day were looking at Martin Necas and Teuvo Teravainen with those two, pick your poison.
It's missing Josh Brook for me
Joshua Roy is the new Josh Brook.
The lack of the OHL Regular Season and Playoff MVP in his draft +1.
The lack of Gavin Brindley, Sandin-Pelikka and Simashev is certainly a choice...

But always appreciate the list -
Cowan is nice, he made my hm list for sure, there's guys like Othmann, Perrault and Willander right at the end of the list, they all have a case for him, but I recognize that he also does have a case. At the end of the day, as I said earlier, the ranking doesn't reflect the gap between each player. There is A LOT of good prospects right now, and Cowan is one of those that has to be left off the list.
Reinbacher should be in the twenties or thirties.

Demidov should be around 5

Roy isn’t a top-50 prospect and Hutson is fine where he is. I don’t like smaller defenders so I’d have him lower but I understand people who have him in that range.
I had Reinbacher ranked 5th overall last year before he was drafted, my love for him far transcends his position as a Hab.
I had Demidov ranked #2 before the draft, I think he even could've challenged for Celebrini had he not been a russian in the MHL.

Sometimes the prospects are just good prospects, and you'd expect a team that has had the 2nd or 3rd worst record in the last 4 years to be very high on these types of lists.

I'll have you note that Roy had the most points of any players here in the NHL after Stankoven. He was instantly the Habs 3rd best forward the moment he hit the ice and he was the 2nd best player at the WJC for the gold winning team. You're free to think he's overrated, Im free to think he's underrated. If he does not flirt with 50-60 points this year, even on this horrible roster, I will be pretty surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Im gonna put my homer glasses on and ask what a guy like Brindley has to do to be a higher rated prospect? Like I see Nazar at 20 when Brindley brings more and has been better so far offensively which is Nazar's thing
Yeah he deserved to be there. I just missed him. I do like Nazar a bit more at NHL level but Brindley is a player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad