OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
So, apparently someone thought it would be a good idea to remake Jacob's Ladder . . .

It's a great idea. The problem is that this particular remake is being handled by untalented people who couldn't possibly do it justice.

A re-imagining of Jacob's Ladder directed by Ben Wheatley would be my joint, though.

Reactions: KIRK

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Let me be honest, I like Jacob's Ladder too. It's just... kind of a mess. But we've established I like weird, often bad movies. ;)
Been watching a lot of Shaw Bros movies recently on Prime. 36th Chamber, Clan of the White Lotus and my favorite Five Elements Ninjas. Any others you'd recommend?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Been watching a lot of Shaw Bros movies recently on Prime. 36th Chamber, Clan of the White Lotus and my favorite Five Elements Ninjas. Any others you'd recommend?

Legendary Weapons of China, The Barefoot Kid, Crippled Avengers, Master of the Flying Guillotine, 8 Diagram Pole Fighter, and literally anything directed by King Hu. (Dragon Gate Inn and Have a Drink With Me are insane.)

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
3:10 to Yuma is one of my favorite western films that was remade recently. I love westerns and grew up on the Spaghetti Westerns by Leone, Clint doing what he did best way back in the day, watching them with my Dad. I recently saw the original movie adaptation of the stories, Felicia Farr...hot damn.

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly is the greatest western of all time. I love the character of Tuco. So many great westerns though.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
"He's actually 6'5", with the afro 6'9", pretty good dribbler." :laugh:

Also my 2nd favorite Kareem Abdul-Jabbar comedy.

Airplane, of course, is the first.

Sadly, I'm old enough to know that Barbara Billingsly talking jive or Leslie Nielsen delivering his lines straight are funny on a couple of levels . . .

Dear God, yes! anybody who hasn't seen it needs to watch Police Squad. I grew up idolizing Leslie Nielsen and his classic comedies never get old.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
giphy.gif

I wish that chick started crying right after he said this. :laugh:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Tonight’s film is a roll of the dice with A Field In England. Howard Moon is in it and it has an inordinate amount of 1 and 10 ratings on imdb.

aifeweb3.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
so people seem to actually like Bumblebee. Getting solid reviews as the first genuinely good Transformers movie.
They've broken my heart far too many times for me to delve back into this.

I'll stick to reading the War Within series that I purchased. Fantastic story.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
They've broken my heart far too many times for me to delve back into this.

I'll stick to reading the War Within series that I purchased. Fantastic story.
The fact that it's not made by michael bay gives me reason to hope. Mind you, I think he can make good movies, but not transformers movies since the first one.

Also Hayley Atwell is great. Curious to see her in this sort of role.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
"He's actually 6'5", with the afro 6'9", pretty good dribbler." :laugh:

Also my 2nd favorite Kareem Abdul-Jabbar comedy.

Airplane, of course, is the first.

Sadly, I'm old enough to know that Barbara Billingsly talking jive or Leslie Nielsen delivering his lines straight are funny on a couple of levels . . .

True true

And of course we cant forget Surf Ninjas... Or can we.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It's a great idea. The problem is that this particular remake is being handled by untalented people who couldn't possibly do it justice.

A re-imagining of Jacob's Ladder directed by Ben Wheatley would be my joint, though.
Remakes are fine if you come at it in an intriguing way. Unfortunately not many do and they literally try to just remake it for the sake of remaking it. Adding nothing good to it to change it for the better or put their spin on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad