OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I don't think it's just a matter of the attention spans or anything. I think most shows end up adding content just to fill a run time.
It's not just attention span & people being busy but they do factor in sometimes. In this leisure civilisation era we're submerged by all sorts of goodies.

It's been proven that younger generations have shorter attention spans with the web & all. Maybe you noticed that span shortening if you were a teacher for a while.

I'll speak for myself here, i don't have the patience anymore to look out for tons of short episodes series & quite frankly, i simply don't have the time to follow all the ones i'm interested in. It's crazy how much more series, video games there are nowadays! Bigger budgets too...

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's not just attention span & people being busy but they do factor in sometimes. In this leisure civilisation era we're submerged by all sorts of goodies.

It's been proven that younger generations have shorter attention spans with the web & all. Maybe you noticed that span shortening if you were a teacher for a while.

I'll speak for myself here, i don't have the patience anymore to look out for tons of short episodes series & quite frankly, i simply don't have the time to follow all the ones i'm interested in. It's crazy how much more series, video games there are nowadays! Bigger budgets too...
Yeah that's true. Especially the lack of time to watch everything I want.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Yo, @Ogrezilla

CW shows are moist truck stop toilet paper. But the DC shows like Titans and Doom Patrol are good and I think this one will be pretty good too. Ever see the Ray Wise movie?

All I can say is...Adrienne Barbeau twin peaks at their peak.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yo, @Ogrezilla

CW shows are moist truck stop toilet paper. But the DC shows like Titans and Doom Patrol are good and I think this one will be pretty good too. Ever see the Ray Wise movie?

All I can say is...Adrienne Barbeau twin peaks at their peak.

I havent seen the movie and had no idea it was a comic book honestly.

I definitely want to watch doom patrol. You are the only reason I know titans exists I think but it looks cool too.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I won’t spoil anything for endgame till enough people start talking about It and have seen it. But man it’s Ann emotional rollercoaster. I clapped, I booed, I cried, I cheered. And at the end the entire was in silence leaving.

It has flaws for sure. But outside of some running gags going for to long and it just being taking an entire dinner plate in one huge bite. It is a solid swan song to 11 years of the MCU.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I won’t spoil anything for endgame till enough people start talking about It and have seen it. But man it’s Ann emotional rollercoaster. I clapped, I booed, I cried, I cheered. And at the end the entire was in silence leaving.

It has flaws for sure. But outside of some running gags going for to long and it just being taking an entire dinner plate in one huge bite. It is a solid swan song to 11 years of the MCU.
Way different than I expected, but I loved it. You're right that it's not as clean as Infinity War, but it's damn good.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’m pretty sure they’re going to make a shitload more MCU films.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I’m pretty sure they’re going to make a ****load more MCU films.
Of for sure. It is a multi multi billion dollar entity. But this was the good bye to all the main story arch’s of the first 20+ films. And even though it had its flaws. The movie was fantastic.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just came back from seeing EndGame.

Very long...

The only spoiler I'll share is ...:laugh:

Fs7LR7D.gif

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I havent seen the movie and had no idea it was a comic book honestly.

I definitely want to watch doom patrol. You are the only reason I know titans exists I think but it looks cool too.
Both shows are great and swamp thing is more of a horror super hero show which is awesome.

Titans just added Iain Glen as Batman. I'm hoping they use him to launch a Batman Beyond show. We f***ing deserve one, the DC fans I mean.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Hey guys I just got my catheter put in. I'm now ready to watch End Game in a bit.

Wish me luck, that Iron Man and Captain America sex scene is supposed to be tastefully done.

Oh captain, my captain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad