GDT: Movember 3rd - Flames @ Blackhawks [5:30pm on Sportsnet West]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Was Ramo taking notes? He had a pen and clipboard?

Hartley has the goalie that's benched take notes. I think they write down who turns the puck over(?). He said what they were doing last season I don't remember anymore.

EDIT: I change my answer. I think they take notes on faceoffs and who wins.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Hartley has the backup taking notes for the coaching staff this year. I've seen a few games where it's happened. Also happened last year I believe.

Aug 3, 2010

Hartley has the goalie that's benched take notes. I think they write down who turns the puck over(?). He said what they were doing last season I don't remember anymore.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Hartley has the backup taking notes for the coaching staff this year. I've seen a few games where it's happened. Also happened last year I believe.

Lots of teams do this, not a new or Flames-specific behaviour in the League.

In all honesty, it's not like the goaltender riding the pine has much to do unless he's called in. This at least gives them something to invest their attention in.

Usually, it's faceoffs taken/won and sometimes takeaways/giveaways.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

I see. It would make sense to keep their minds in it. Help the goalie know they can expect shots off a turn over or whatever

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
If it was me, I'd draw a stick-man Hartley will little horns and stink lines coming from the arm pits.

:snide:

Aug 3, 2010
Haha i remember watching kipper doing clipboard duty last season and wondered how accurate the numbers were and if he was just putting whatever down just to shut Hartley up
Both he and Ramo should have been writing notes in Finnish.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Sick balance by Galiardi. On one skate, takes a hit, and still keeps the puck on his stick. Awesome pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad