Most Successful NHL Players Outside of Hockey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Which NHL players were the most successful in life outside of hockey?

Guys like Tim Horton (donut shop founder) and Ken Dryden (politician).

Exclude hockey-related stuff (sports broadcasting, hockey related businesses, etc.)

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You’ll find some in here

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Dickie Moore had great success in construction tools & equipment rental. I still regularly see his rented mobile offices on the streets in Montreal.

1724271390773.png

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Dickie Moore had great success in construction equipment rental. I still regularly see his rented mobile offices on the streets in Montreal, so his company survived him and seems to be thriving.

View attachment 902416

I seriously didn't know he founded the company. Yea, his name is there but Dickie Moore could've easily been some random dude from Ontario or South Carolina.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Dickie Moore had great success in construction tools & equipment rental. I still regularly see his rented mobile offices on the streets in Montreal.

View attachment 902416

Huh, I always kind of joked about it being dickie. Didn't realize it was actually him.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Marian Hossa made it big in the frozen foods business in Slovakia. Last year, his company brought in 64 million € in revenue, mostly from product sales and reported a profit of 1.2M€. Unlike many fellow Slovak NHLers who lost lots of money on shady golf-course deals that led nowhere, he actually got involved in an honest regular business and has made it work.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Marian Hossa made it big in the frozen foods business in Slovakia. Last year, his company brought in 64 million € in revenue, mostly from product sales and reported a profit of 1.2M€. Unlike many fellow Slovak NHLers who lost lots of money on shady golf-course deals that led nowhere, he actually got involved in an honest regular business and has made it work.
He also has a golf course and sports centre

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Serge Savard reinvented himself as a successful businessman and used to own a big Marriott hotel next to the Bell Center. He wanted to buy the Habs before Molson stepped in. I'm sure it's not from the money he made as a player in the 70's.

Reactions: DaveG

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Which NHL players were the most successful in life outside of hockey?

Guys like Tim Horton (donut shop founder) and Ken Dryden (politician).

Exclude hockey-related stuff (sports broadcasting, hockey related businesses, etc.)
Red Kelly if we are talking politicians.

I know of some players who did really well at one point and then disaster struck. Jagr for example was having articles in the late 90s/early 2000s written about how good an investor he was, but then got hit hard on the dot.com bubble. Len Barrie (Tyson Barrie's dad) was a big real estate developer to the extent he co-bought the Lightning but then went bust on a development.

I'm not sure how much wealth Tim Horton actually generated from donuts, I believe the person who made a fortune on that wasn't his family but Ron Joyce who really oversaw its expansion.

carjackmalone

Dec 30, 2023
Paul Reinhart made a lot of money as a stock promoter on the VSE

Gilles Meloche has a major burger franchise in Quebec Dellilos

Glen Sather owns half of Bsnff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad