Most Successful NHL Players Outside of Hockey?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
NHL Star Oshie’s Neck Guard Company Sees Jump in Demand

Warroad co-founder Jason Olden says neck-guard-related product sales made up about 30% of business early last year, and that has more than doubled, with more than 20,000 people currently on pre-order and waiting lists.

After Johnson’s death, “We sold out within 24 hours of everything that we had in stock,” Oshie said. “We’ve been working, especially my partners and the staff, around the clock to get our next couple of waves of inventory in to protect as many people as possible.”

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
0XBcYMg.jpeg

I remember seeing this image in non-hockey memes and it didn't dawn on me for a long time that it was Forsberg in the photo.

My memory is fuzzy too, but I think Forsberg worked out a deal where he was part of the distribution of Crocs to Scandinavia/Europe. Vaguely recall some anecdote that one year Forsberg made more from the Crocs partnership than he did from his NHL salary. Not totally sure, but I think they took a hit around the time of the 2008 stock market collapse.
They were way overvalued stock wise, but they are still doing pretty good business.

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
Former Jet/Lightning player James Wright has become a successful housing developer in Saskatchewan.

Reactions: DaveG

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They were way overvalued stock wise, but they are still doing pretty good business.

Ive found in the last couple years they've become popular again. Didn't see them for a long time, now they're starting to pop up again. Especially in a. certain demographic.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Jori Lehtera went on to be a successful drug trafficker.
Not really,

Also the successful drug dealers are the ones never caught.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Ive found in the last couple years they've become popular again. Didn't see them for a long time, now they're starting to pop up again. Especially in a. certain demographic.
They are the footwear of choice for our corrections system, so that's a literal captive market.

Crocs are the closest thing to Boulder being a company town. Everyone knows what's going on with them and Celestial Seasonings.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Surprised no one has mentioned Ken Dryden. Became a lawyer, successful author, and a high profile politician (I know nothing about Canadian politics so I won’t try to summarize his political career)

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Ville Leino started a pretty successful clothing company called Billebeino.

Seriously? I posted him as a joke, have enough $ and recognition and you’ll succeed, I guess. Jail.
They are the footwear of choice for our corrections system, so that's a literal captive market.

Crocs are the closest thing to Boulder being a company town. Everyone knows what's going on with them and Celestial Seasonings.

Wait, you mean for prisoners? The US has the biggest prisoner population on the planet, bigger than China’s, not even accounting for population difference! These are facts, it’s not political, I’m just marveling at that sweet sweet market! Forsberg did nothing wrong, for the record. Nations.. it’s almost like we’re all connected at this point, and certain anachronisms hold us back.

Anyways, Timothy Horton beat his wife and drank too much before such an unfortunate death, but he also started a shitty doughnut franchise. Success!

Reactions: Evergreen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad