Most Overrated NHL Team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Most overrated team of 2018/19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Lol! All power rankings I’ve seen have had the Leafs ahead of the Bruins. Even THN’s predictions had the Leafs ahead of the Bruins.
Power rankings TODAY will. Why wouldn't they? I am talking about preseason predictions. I read non stop on here TSN and Sportsnet were naming the Leafs the cup winner. This has been proven to be false.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Power rankings TODAY will. Why wouldn't they? I am talking about preseason predictions. I read non stop on here TSN and Sportsnet were naming the Leafs the cup winner. This has been proven to be false.
Even so, preseason rankings on most outlets had Leafs ahead of Bruins.

Edit: oh look, Sportsnet had The Leafs quite a bid ahead of the Bruins:
NHL Power Rankings: Who's the New Guy? Edition - Sportsnet.ca

In fact, TSN had the Bruins rather low as well, so I’m not understanding the overrated aspect for them now?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
The Blues missed the playoffs last year. No one cares if they won a couple of rounds in 2016 with a different coach.
The Blues have won nothing.

Uh it matters. Those players in 2016 are a lot of the very same core they have now, proving you can win multiple rounds in the playoffs is an amazing accomplishment and is something.

Saying they’ve won nothing is hilarious. If it was the other way everyone would be talking about how the leafs took out this team and then this team in the playoffs and how they have an experienced group where as the blues haven’t made it past the first round. But it’s not It’s the other way. Missing the playoffs isn’t that big of a deal when you barely miss it (since a lot that group has won a few rounds) ....against some damn good teams too. The defending cup winning blackhawks included. Tampa bay missed the playoffs year before last and went back to being division champions and a game away from east champions last year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
lol dude chill out. Are you related to one of the lightning players or what? No reason for getting that triggered over a harmless comment.

And to your point, it's absolutely a considered a playoff choke if you dont live up to the expectations that are being held upon you. This has nothing to do with playoff rounds.

Lightning has been considered by most people for the last 4 years to be Stanley Cup contenders to surely have won a Stanley Cup during that span. And they haven't held up their end of the bargain.

Hency why I think they are "overrated". It doesn't mean I'm saying they're a bad team. But maybe not one of the "Stanley Cup contenders finalists" they keep getting claimed to be
Try a new sport.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Uh it matters. Those players in 2016 are a lot of the very same core they have now, proving you can win multiple rounds in the playoffs is an amazing accomplishment and is something.

Saying they’ve won nothing is hilarious. If it was the other way everyone would be talking about how the leafs took out this team and then this team in the playoffs and how they have an experienced group where as the blues haven’t made it past the first round. But it’s not It’s the other way. Missing the playoffs isn’t that big of a deal when you barely miss it (since a lot that group has won a few rounds) ....against some damn good teams too. The defending cup winning blackhawks included. Tampa bay missed the playoffs year before last and went back to being division champions and a game away from east champions last year.
No it does not matter at all. It simply is irrelevant if the Leafs won 1 playoff series or zero last season.
Blues have won nothing. This is fact. And you would agree if the Leafs had accomplished getting to the conf. finals once.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Damn. I knew that HFBoards blindly hated the Leafs quite a bit but this one is a bit funny.

I’d hate the Leafs if I wasn’t a Leaf fan so it’s understandable. Overrated though? They have one of the most talented rosters in the league and it doesn’t even include Nylander at the moment.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
And we still can't find where these credible people were that were stating they were the cup favourite I keep reading.

To be fair to both sides when you only give them 1 media station that you would accept as “credible” its not reasonable. There has been countless links about them being listed as favorites or voted favourites in odds but you won’t just accept it. But yes some people have said sportsnet/TSN have said it but no proof there

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
To be fair to both sides when you only give them 1 media station that you would accept as “credible” its not reasonable. There has been countless links about them being listed as favorites or voted favourites in odds but you won’t just accept it. But yes some people have said sportsnet/TSN have said it but no proof there
I explained why the Vegas odds should not count.
WE gave both TSN and SN.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I explained why the Vegas odds should not count.
WE gave both TSN and SN.

Apologies I must have missed that. I still feel however that is why most would consider them overrated and another good portion due to rumours on HF alone.

After the evidence shown that sportsnet or TSN didn’t put them as cup winners I’d change my vote tbh

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
And we still can't find where these credible people were that were stating they were the cup favourite I keep reading.

didnt vegas have em tied for the best odds after the tavares signing?

pretty sure that was just to boost betting. I think the same thing happened when EK went to SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad