Most Overrated NHL Team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Most overrated team of 2018/19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
losing in the 3rd period of game 7s to two teams that finished Head of them in the standings ain't choking.
I guess like most things you collectively think this is about the leafs. Its not, the point is if a team consistently makes it deep they arent chokers. Its about teams that perennially cant get it done in the playoffs at all. Thats the difference between choking and what the Lightning have done. There are 6253748264847 other threads where 98% of posts reference everything Toronto. This was not one of them. I was thinking of teams like the sharks of the 2000's, nashville until 2017, the caps until last year the sens of the early 2000's etc. Those teams were chokers.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I guess like most things you collectively think this is about the leafs. Its not, the point is if a team consistently makes it deep they arent chokers. Its about teams that perennially cant get it done in the playoffs at all. Thats the difference between choking and what the Lightning have done. There are 6253748264847 other threads where 98% of posts reference everything Toronto. This was not one of them. I was thinking of teams like the sharks of the 2000's, nashville until 2017, the caps until last year the sens of the early 2000's etc. Those teams were chokers.

my mistake.

but still, choking is usually referring to losing to an interior team, or getting pummeled by a similar or slightly better one.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
How many playoff series have they won in the past decade again? I can't seem to find any information on their series wins...?

People aren't denying they are a good team that can light it up offensively. They are "overrated" in the sense that they are being portrayed as "Cup contenders" but until they learn how to win games 3-1 and 4-1, they are going nowhere when it matters.
Are you claiming that a 10 year playoff record is correlated to the chances of the leafs winning this year? Interesting. How about the Blue Jays record? Does that have anything to do with anything?

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Went with the Sabres because some people are actually calling them a WC team.

No team with Middelstadt at 2C is sniffing the playoffs.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
So because nick kypreos picked the St. Louis blues to win the cup (lol jake Allen and chad Johnson) that means Toronto should be viewed as more of a favourite. I get what your saying here about how if St. Louis can be picked why can’t Toronto but St. Louis had gone far in the playoffs the last few years, this has the experience of winning in it.

I’m not saying the leafs can’t win but thinking there a cup contender, we’ll its a bit premature. Toronto’s biggest need in the off-season wasn’t Tavares, it’s looked good and all through four regular season games but he doesent have a ton of playoff success ether. They desperately need s shutdown defensemen imo if they want to compete with the likes of Nashville or Tampa in my view.
The Blues missed the playoffs last year. No one cares if they won a couple of rounds in 2016 with a different coach.
The Blues have won nothing.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Hahhah Leafs at first - No agenda at all? But still it came to my mind first. Their defence won't last but I still say Sharks as they are considered to be a contender with Karlsson (he has been lost in PP with his positioning). But if Sharks starts to get their rhythm then there's possibilities.

Went with Sharks.

Reactions: OVO16

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Boston, one line team that is getting old, they are not a threat for the Stanley at all nor are they close to Tampa or Toronto, they barely eeked out Toronto last year despite Toronto making 4 massive blunders in the series.

Anybody that has them as a playoff threat is plain wrong, we saw what they could do last year, it wasn't much, Debrusk, Pasta, Mac and others will not be enough offset their aging core's decline.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Its not a playoff choke when a team loses in the ECF and SCF. Its a choke when they can't get out of the first round. If you cant identify the difference you likely need some true help.

lol dude chill out. Are you related to one of the lightning players or what? No reason for getting that triggered over a harmless comment.

And to your point, it's absolutely a considered a playoff choke if you dont live up to the expectations that are being held upon you. This has nothing to do with playoff rounds.

Lightning has been considered by most people for the last 4 years to be Stanley Cup contenders to surely have won a Stanley Cup during that span. And they haven't held up their end of the bargain.

Hency why I think they are "overrated". It doesn't mean I'm saying they're a bad team. But maybe not one of the "Stanley Cup contenders finalists" they keep getting claimed to be

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This year plus last year:

PTS%

1.NSH .715
2.BOS .686
3.WPG .686
4.TBL .685
5.TOR .649

Goal Diff per Game

1.BOS 0.69
2.NSH 0.65
3.WPG 0.64
4.TBL 0.63
5.TOR 0.52

How is toronto winning this poll? How highly do people think they are being rated?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If people want to know what choking looks like then just look at the caps playoff records for the last decade. Up until this past season they had loads of strong teams only to end up going out in the first or second round.

vBjvcsT.png

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
This year plus last year:

PTS%

1.NSH .715
2.BOS .686
3.WPG .686
4.TBL .685
5.TOR .649

Goal Diff per Game

1.BOS 0.69
2.NSH 0.65
3.WPG 0.64
4.TBL 0.63
5.TOR 0.52

How is toronto winning this poll? How highly do people think they are being rated?

Cup winners. That’s the only reason why

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
If people want to know what choking looks like then just look at the caps playoff records for the last decade. Up until this past season they had loads of strong teams only to end up going out in the first or second round.

vBjvcsT.png

I’m amazed there is only a couple or 1 vote for them...

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
that laugh sounds forced, tbh.

I think most sane people acknowledge that the Leafs are one of the cup favorites this year. no guarantees, of course.

I laughed at your joke to be honest, because it was a forced laugh and it’s funny on a message board

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I am confused we go from threads about how the Leafs never will make the playoffs in Babcocks 8 years to those same people laughing at the Leafs not winning a playoff round 2 years later (And both losses to the heavy favourites and teams ahead of them in the standings. You can't "Choke" if you are the underdog.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Leafs by far, but thats only because they have horrible defense .

This could easily be fixed (trade nylander for a quality D)

Lets see if Dubas is smart enough to pull this off.

Reactions: Taluss

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Voted Knights.

Leafs are a great team, but I can’t help but laugh at their fan army voting for the Bruins en masse.
In fairness, everyone says Leafs are #1 due to media hype, but everywhere I see has Boston ahead of them. So maybe they are overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad