GDT: Morning with the Sabres vs Devils in Prague, CZE 10 AM ET - TV: MSG, NHL Network - Radio: WGR550 - Game # 2

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
0 point trip.

Jeff Marek is back tweeting and his topic of the day is his love for the Sabres and how much pressure they’re under because they know major changes will happen if they fail again this year.

I pray he’s right. Because they are failing again.
Marek has forgotten more Sabres knowledge than most of us will ever know. He's going to be right.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I don't know what's worse. The awful play by play and their love fest of the Devils on NHL network or the toxicity of this board.

2 games in and according to most here we are the worst team in the league.
Again, do you see something different than what has been in the last 5 years?

Reactions: BFLO

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
0 point trip.

Jeff Marek is back tweeting and his topic of the day is his love for the Sabres and how much pressure they’re under because they know major changes will happen if they fail again this year.

I pray he’s right. Because they are failing again.
Reminds me of the Swedish series vs Tampa a few years back.

Sobotka then, Peterka now?

My gut told me this wasn't going to go well for the Sabres.

Next time... DECLINE!

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Why are we already singling out specific players? I've watched every single second of these two games and this an entire team problem. Look at how New Jersey supports their players on breakouts, when one of there's is under pressure an option opens via movement.

None of our players handling pressure well because no one is out for support, New Jersey is covering the D pass - so we force a stretch pass which results in a turn over. Every single one of our players has been garbage. Every single one of our players is forcing something that should be simple and making it complex because New Jersey is covering the basics and there is no adapting on our end. Cozens has just been as garbage as Tuch who has been as garbage as our Quinn. Same for our D.

This has been a pathetic effort from our team from top to bottom.

I agree..out of these 2 games the only player i will say a positive thing about is Levi

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Are we talking about the same 1C who did nothing here? Then went to a team already built to to win the Cup.

I guess no one noticed him “taking over” since he didn’t get the Conn Smythe.
Do you mean the #1C here that had MVP like seasons that carried what was a 1 line team? If you don’t like the guy, fine, but let’s not act like he and his line on many nights were the ONLY reason we were in game.

But hey, an injured-riddled season at the end of his time here wipes everything else out that he did here and who he was as a player and the only truth is THAT he was that player only and he did nothing for us.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Adams constructed this mess and when you brag about your fourth line as your big summer you’re screwed.

NJ added so much. 2 Top 4 defenseman, bottom pairing depth, a top 9 winger, and a #1 goalie.

Reactions: Fjordy

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is Keefe a better coach? Their d zone is super clean and protects their net and their forecheck is absurd.

And theirs a 3-1 with Levi with his pants down

Seems a bit like they did two and three seasons ago when Ruff was their coach too, getting big shot and chance advantages but no goaltending. Last year, their defense was all banged up and they still had a bunch of AHL-level goalies. Helps when the GM makes moves to address a weakness - Allen and then Markstrom were very good moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad