GDT: Morning with the Sabres vs Devils in Prague, CZE 10 AM ET - TV: MSG, NHL Network - Radio: WGR550 - Game # 2

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Things we've heard the last 365.

1. Sabres were nervous to play game 1 and 2 at a neutral site 10 hour flight away
2. Sabres were nervous to play at home to not let the fans down
3. Sabres were nervous to play big games to get back into the playoff picture in opposing barns.

Things you definitely love to hear about your players!

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
A lot of "sky is falling" going on in here
Like most things its never as good or bad at any given time. But given the circumstance. Two back to back games over seas to start the season early. Plus given how last season began and the setup of this season. It's tough to not feel and express gloom over what we're seeing.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s amazing that we have spent so many years at the bottom of the league and we still have so little talent up front
It’s partially a product of drafting first twice when D were the top picks. But it’s also a lesson in team building can’t be done solely through the draft. Florida’s didn’t draft Tkachuk or Reinhart. They preyed on teams like us who drop so many balls around good players they can be had. I don’t know if Vegas has ever drafted anyone. Those are the last two cup winners. Teams are built by GMs who can build teams at any cost. Not ones who wait around drafting 9-13 and waiting forever.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
We did have the second best goal scorer in the league and a 1C who took over in the playoffs to win a cup.
Are we talking about the same 1C who did nothing here? Then went to a team already built to to win the Cup.

I guess no one noticed him “taking over” since he didn’t get the Conn Smythe.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I don't know what's worse. The awful play by play and their love fest of the Devils on NHL network or the toxicity of this board.

2 games in and according to most here we are the worst team in the league.
We're not the worst. We're the same team as last year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Categorically untrue ... there truly wasn't much to cheer about last year. Been here for years man. Admittedly the disappointment of last year runs deep...I've never been closer to giving up on them. I'm sure that'd make you happy so no one complains about your buddy Cozens.

You seem to have latched onto that as a defense of Cozens. It's not. Your take is even more embarrassing trying to build a strawman.

:deadhorse

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Is Keefe a better coach? Their d zone is super clean and protects their net and their forecheck is absurd.

And theirs a 3-1 with Levi with his pants down

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
0 point trip.

Jeff Marek is back tweeting and his topic of the day is his love for the Sabres and how much pressure they’re under because they know major changes will happen if they fail again this year.

I pray he’s right. Because they are failing again.

May 2, 2005
Niagara Falls
Why are we already singling out specific players? I've watched every single second of these two games and this an entire team problem. Look at how New Jersey supports their players on breakouts, when one of there's is under pressure an option opens via movement.

None of our players handling pressure well because no one is out for support, New Jersey is covering the D pass - so we force a stretch pass which results in a turn over. Every single one of our players has been garbage. Every single one of our players is forcing something that should be simple and making it complex because New Jersey is covering the basics and there is no adapting on our end. Cozens has just been as garbage as Tuch who has been as garbage as our Quinn. Same for our D.

This has been a pathetic effort from our team from top to bottom.

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad