Moritz Seider is the best player drafted in 2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
According to ChatGPT -

Do you agree with ChatGPT?

Moritz Seider (6th Overall by the Detroit Red Wings):​

1. Immediate Impact:
    • Seider quickly established himself as a key player for the Detroit Red Wings. His rookie season in the NHL (2021-2022) was particularly impressive, as he demonstrated maturity and skill well beyond his years.
  2. Awards and Recognition:
    • Seider won the Calder Memorial Trophy as the NHL's Rookie of the Year for the 2021-2022 season, a clear indication of his exceptional performance and impact.
  3. Defensive Prowess:
    • Known for his strong defensive abilities, Seider plays a crucial role in all situations, including on the power play and penalty kill. His physicality, hockey IQ, and poise under pressure make him a cornerstone defenseman for the Red Wings.
  4. Offensive Contributions:
    • In addition to his defensive skills, Seider has shown the ability to contribute offensively, making him a well-rounded defenseman. His ability to move the puck, join the rush, and create scoring opportunities is highly valued.

Other Notable Picks from the 2019 Draft:​

1. Jack Hughes (1st Overall by the New Jersey Devils):
    • Hughes has developed into a dynamic offensive player, showing significant improvement each season. His speed, playmaking ability, and scoring touch have made him a central figure in the Devils' lineup.
  2. Kirby Dach (3rd Overall by the Chicago Blackhawks):
    • Dach has shown promise as a big, skilled center, though his development has been somewhat hampered by injuries. He was later traded to the Montreal Canadiens, where he continues to develop.
  3. Trevor Zegras (9th Overall by the Anaheim Ducks):
    • Zegras has become one of the most exciting young players in the NHL, known for his creativity and highlight-reel plays. His offensive skills have made him a fan favorite and a key part of the Ducks' future.
  4. Cole Caufield (15th Overall by the Montreal Canadiens):
    • Caufield has emerged as a prolific goal-scorer, particularly shining in the playoffs. His ability to find the back of the net has made him a valuable asset for the Canadiens.

Summary:​

While there are several promising players from the 2019 NHL Draft, Moritz Seider stands out due to his immediate impact, well-rounded game, and recognition as the Calder Trophy winner. His performance so far indicates that he has the potential to be one of the best defensemen of his generation, making him one of the best picks from the 2019 draft.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
As of right now it's still Hughes. Few years down the line? Who knows? Maybe we end up with the second coming of Pronger. Maybe Hughes gets bitten one too many times by the injury bug and falls off.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
As of right now it's still Hughes. Few years down the line? Who knows? Maybe we end up with the second coming of Pronger. Maybe Hughes gets bitten one too many times by the injury bug and falls off.
Pronger had Mckinez , Seider has none support, none to learn from

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Pronger had Mckinez , Seider has none support, none to learn from

I'm not too concerned about that, but I feel Lalonde restrains him too much while allowing the shitty dmen to pinch in too much.

As for #1, I think Hughes takes it, but at the same time I'm not unhappy about having a physical top pair D instead of an undersized 1C.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'm not too concerned about that, but I feel Lalonde restrains him too much while allowing the shitty dmen to pinch in too much.

As for #1, I think Hughes takes it, but at the same time I'm not unhappy about having a physical top pair D instead of an undersized 1C.
I thought his biggest problem was that he played too much against the best. If Lalonde uses him like that , better give him better partner

Seider will shut down J.Hughes in a future playoff series.
Hopefully next playoffs

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Seider will shut down J.Hughes in a future playoff series.

giphy.gif

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
As big of a Seider fan as I am, I’d still take Hughes. Hughes has shown he’s a franchise center. Seider has shown he’s a #1D with franchise potential. We’ll see if he can reach it… I think he can with some help.

These opinions are why AI is going to take over the world soon.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
As bad as I want a franchise centerman, I hope it's not a 5'10 , 170ib guy that we are pinning all our hopes and dreams on. Teams like Panthers would destroy him.

Seider is better than Hedman at Seider's age. According to ChatGPT:

"While Seider has shown remarkable promise and achieved notable recognition early in his career, Hedman developed into one of the best defensemen in the NHL over time. Directly comparing them at the same age, Seider appears to have had a more impactful start, but Hedman’s career progression led him to become an elite defenseman. Time will tell if Seider can maintain his trajectory and reach the same level of success as Hedman."

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Red Wings player #1 with the 2 guys I targeted and #2 and #4? I for one welcome our new digital overlords

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
These opinions are why AI is going to take over the world soon.
Look, I love Mo. He's far and away been the best part of this team the past 3 seasons. But imagine if you will, a team with Hughes as our 1C and Larkin as our 2C. No need for the Copp or Compher signings.

Like I said, I'm not saying he won't be the best player in this draft in a few seasons, he's not even in his prime yet (looks like Hughes may already be). But a near 100 point franchise center is something we haven't had since Datsyuk.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
As bad as I want a franchise centerman, I hope it's not a 5'10 , 170ib guy that we are pinning all our hopes and dreams on. Teams like Panthers would destroy him.

Seider is better than Hedman at Seider's age. According to ChatGPT:

"While Seider has shown remarkable promise and achieved notable recognition early in his career, Hedman developed into one of the best defensemen in the NHL over time. Directly comparing them at the same age, Seider appears to have had a more impactful start, but Hedman’s career progression led him to become an elite defenseman. Time will tell if Seider can maintain his trajectory and reach the same level of success as Hedman."
''As bad as I want a franchise centerman, I hope it's not a 5'10 , 170ib guy that we are pinning all our hopes and dreams on. Teams like Panthers would destroy him.'' :nod:

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I love J Hughes but I do feel like he might have similar problems to Datsyuk. Dats had 1 or 2 fantastic playoffs because most of the time he was injured by the time we got deep in the playoffs due to his build. J Hughes is incredibly skilled and a joy to watch but much like Dats I think he has to fairly healthy to be effective in a playoff game because his game is so skill based. A lot of his effectiveness is based on his quickness and speed, and if you diminish that a lot of the plays he makes won't work.

So while I think J Hughes is the most skilled guy in his draft I still might take Seider over him if I had to choose one to build around, because I feel like Seider will play more.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Still thinking Hughes but its pretty crazy to think Sider is 5 picks later and in the conversation

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Still thinking Hughes but its pretty crazy to think Sider is 5 picks later and in the conversation

Best goalscorers from 2019 draft

1. Hughes #1 overall
2. Caufield #15 overall
3. Boldy #12 overall

Best point-scorers:
1. Hughes #1 overall
2. Boldy #12 overall
3. Cozens #7 overall

Best players (imo)
1. Seider #6 overall
2. Hughes #1 overall
3. Cozens #7 overall

Others:
#2 RW Kakko
#3 C Dach
#4 LD Byram
#5 C Turcotte
#8 LD Broberg
#9 LW Zegras
#10 W Podkolzin
#11 RD Söderström
#13 G Knight
#14 LD York
#16 F Newhook

Point is how hard it is to draft after 1st overall, best next picks have been 6, 7, 12 and 15.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad