Value of: Moritz Seider Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The new going rate for #1 dmen is in the 9 million range. See Heiskanen, Jones, Nurse, Fox, McAvoy. Whether some of these players are actually worth the money is a whole other debate.

Jones and Nurse weren't RFA out of ELC deals and both might have been UFA deals quite frankly.

Seider isn't as good as the other 3 to command that type of contract yet.

Tbh a long term deal around $7.5M sound pretty close. More likely is a 3 year bridge in the neighborhood of McAvoy and Werenski's Bridge deals they signed out of ELCs.

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
I think from an org pov it would make more sense to avoid a bridge. I feel like Stevie Y understands what he has in Seider and is comfortable extending him at a reasonable cost. Detroit also isn’t up against the cap now or any time soon and Seider is one of if not their best player. Makes sense to extend long term from a Detroit pov

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
my offer would be 8x10 , and put a permanent A on his sweater . along with any clauses he wants as were looking at an elite at minimum top 5 nhl dman from here on out . theres guys better on one side of the puck or the other (but not many on the d side) , but when you add up a dmans worth on both sides hes right up there with the best

• Haha
Reactions: wmupreds

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Jones and Nurse weren't RFA out of ELC deals and both might have been UFA deals quite frankly.

Seider isn't as good as the other 3 to command that type of contract yet.

Tbh a long term deal around $7.5M sound pretty close. More likely is a 3 year bridge in the neighborhood of McAvoy and Werenski's Bridge deals they signed out of ELCs.
Yeah my next guess was a McAvoy type bridge and then cashing out at roughly the same AAV as him

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
my offer would be 8x10 , and put a permanent A on his sweater . along with any clauses he wants as were looking at an elite at minimum top 5 nhl dman from here on out . theres guys better on one side of the puck or the other (but not many on the d side) , but when you add up a dmans worth on both sides hes right up there with the best
Dude is generously a top 1/4 dman right now. That's not a knock on him, he's super young, but that's a laughable statement.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Dude is generously a top 1/4 dman right now. That's not a knock on him, he's super young, but that's a laughable statement.
did you miss the part ''from here on out'' , as in the future ? or take into account the weak team and partners hes been playing with ? and when you say hes generously a top 4 dman right now its obvious youve no business commenting in the matter . and personally ive seen enough to rate him elite and have no reservations in getting him signed for 8 years , maybe tens overboard but over 8 years one way or another hes going to get 80 mil . mean while ide try locking up now so theres no possible issues in the future

Last edited:

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I think from an org pov it would make more sense to avoid a bridge. I feel like Stevie Y understands what he has in Seider and is comfortable extending him at a reasonable cost. Detroit also isn’t up against the cap now or any time soon and Seider is one of if not their best player. Makes sense to extend long term from a Detroit pov
Yzerman re-signed Hedman with a bridge deal.

Bridge deal for Seider as well.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah my next guess was a McAvoy type bridge and then cashing out at roughly the same AAV as him

The scary thing about the bridge for Detroit is that you are going to be working under a much higher cap in three years so Seider could come in way above those McAvoy numbers... and that is when you are hopefully going to be contending again.

If the Wings have faith in Seider, I think they should go long term and overpay now and have it be an underpay when it matters.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
The scary thing about the bridge for Detroit is that you are going to be working under a much higher cap in three years so Seider could come in way above those McAvoy numbers... and that is when you are hopefully going to be contending again.

If the Wings have faith in Seider, I think they should go long term and overpay now and have it be an underpay when it matters.
bingo

Reactions: PelagicJoe

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
Yzerman re-signed Hedman with a bridge deal.

Bridge deal for Seider as well.
Hedman coming out of his ELC is a similar situation for sure and they got medium term on that deal. In that case and in this scenario, it’s most likely the player pushing for the shorter term deal to bet on themselves. On the flip side, The org wants more term for their core players. Every negotiation is different, there’s no guarantee that Seider deal goes the same way as the Hedman deal (which seems like a compromise in hindsight).

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If you can get him for the Larkin deal now, it’ll be a steal the second the cap goes up. I wouldn’t bridge.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Puck Tiss

Nov 4, 2013
His agent is Claude Lemieux. I doubt it will effect any negotiations, I just think it’s pretty funny.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
One of two ways.
Seider digs in and goes bridge and seeks a long term at end.

2x6M followed by 8x10.

Seider goes long term now.
8x7.5-8.5M (lower than above because RFA years, but more than a bridge would be.

So,
12m followed by 80m - split over 10 years - 92 total

or

60-68m over 8, UFA for a potential second big pay day two years earlier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad