Post-Game Talk: Morgan Rielly: the Light in the 9th straight Loss, 1-0 to Philly

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Hey, the majority of these posters, at the start of the season, wanted a "scoring threat" 4th line. They abhor fighting, toughness, making space for the star players, protecting the captain from being run by the other teams punks, and the pure entertainment of a good tilt. Enjoying the results, boys?

100 % agree with this point of view.

Too bad people don't understand

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
That is awesome if that's true. The firing is looking good then. Force their hands in making changes.

Yeah, at least I hope it does. I don't care much where we end up this season, but I almost feel sick worrying that this team will somehow fail to understand a rebuild is necessary even now.

If it happens, it can only be due to one reason in my mind. Ownership not allowing it.

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
At least they did have effort tonight, the unfortunate part is that they are a perimeter team. There wasn't enough "going to the dirty areas" again.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Its all that character showing through. Oh Karma is sometimes swift. They are quitters. Quit on Carlyle and they are quit now. They should all be getting theirs soon enough for intentionally getting Carlyle fired.

Thing about these losers is if you trade any of them it will likely improve the team. Waiting until the deadline maybe is a good idea,as much as I can't stomach them any longer.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I'm not saying fixed lol, I'm saying they are collectively not playing on purpose. Much like an endless amount of teams have done in the past to get rid of their coach. It isn't a secret that they do this. If they don't like their coach, they play like sh_, coach gets fired. Mission accomplished.

It's what's going on here as well. Highest scoring team to lowest scoring team. Team is floating through all these games. Who can't see that right infront of their eyes? The question is why are they floating? Not an innocent sequence of events. There's something they're not happy about as a group and they're expressing it.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Not a chance.

This is a team with no true leadership quality players.

We have pure scorers. A couple of play makers. A couple of puck moving D. Some decent bottom 6 forwards. Some decent 5-6 D.

We are missing the key pieces to say the least.

Look at the teams that compete for the cup. We don't have players like their leaders, period.

Until that changes, this team will continue to unintentionally tank.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Trading players that aren't working out, and, wanting the team to fail on purpose, are not the same thing!

Even if they traded everyone, I'd want the new bunch of players to WIN!

That is exactly what Tank means. Trade everyone for draft picks while increasing your chances of getting the earliest pick(s).

CalgaryLeaf*

nyet...This team is just bad.

Watch a true tank after the trade deadline {hopefully}

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Carlyle wasn't the reason why we were winning :facepalm:

I actually want this team to win a few games right now so people would shut up about Horachek's coaching.

No coaching would make this team play .175%. The players have simply given up. That's the leadership on this team (there is none).

I think Shanahan should have seen enough but I'm not too sure what the **** we're doing by offering Cody Franson 4.6M. It looks like the Leafs purposely want to torture their fans.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Lol, didn't watch the game. Not suppose they lost again. The teams confidence is at an all-time low.

Leafspoison*

Yes, the most important thing is that our management never laugh during a losing game. No matter what happens. Incredibly important stuff.

yea, really? Whats so elfin funny?

You ever think losing may not in fact be funny and a manager in the spotlight should no better than to laugh during this kind of game and slump?

How much you wanna bet Cherry jumps all over this. They already showed it 4 times, so must be something to it.

If I am a player, the last thing I want to see is the president laughing during a game and trailing 1-0.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Build the team around Rielly. I am proud to be one of the few posters here that said draft a D man with the 5th pick in 2012. Glad we did. Only bright light in this mess.

Just curious, is Rielly's great play lately useless because we've been losing just like you said about Gardiner's play in the last 20 games last year?

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
our two most agressive guys tonight were the marlies granberg and holzer

thats sad
We can't even lose the right way.

What is our identity again?

With Carlyle two years ago... it was being the toughest team in the NHL. And we still got into the stanley cup playoffs.

This team is shife. They always lose and never score even goals.

I want almost all of them traded. Horachek is also a laughing stock. He doesn't even understand the game book of this team and its players. Should be more offensive oriented. Now we never even score. Nonis can't trade players who are this dull.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
So many questions. Why so many exclamation marks? Why would you be cheering for the Leafs (presumably) best player to fail if you want the Leafs to win at all times? Why would you be rooting against a homegrown Toronto talent playing for his favourite team? Why didn't you capitalize 'join the' in your first sentence?

And the most important question of all, will you stop posting in the board if we do get McDavid?

I get it! I just don't like my fellow Leaf fans cheering for our team to lose! It's not in my nature!

Getting McDavid would be great! But, not if it's because we tanked! Now, if we decide to rebuild, and traded our core NOW, then, so be it if we lose legitmately!

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
JnUP3T0.gif

This really made me laugh for some reason. :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah. Whatever you think of Carlyle and Horachek, it should be obvious by now that the problem is not coaching.

Didn't Shanahan say that the spotlight was now on the players to respond? The spotlight is not showing pretty things, regardless of unsustainable shooting percentage or whatever.
That is awesome if that's true. The firing is looking good then. Force their hands in making changes.

it is true, he said that in his 1/2 way game state of the union. for everyone wishing that Carlyle is here because we'd be scoring - trust me. as 'boring' and whatever-ing this is, this is the best thing for the organization.

Carlyle was allowing them to cheat to create offense (which would burn us in the bottom anyway). by sticking to this defense, and all of these players looking all woebegone, etc, it's showing who has fight in him, etc. and try to create offense ( by not cheating). you know who to give up, who to move out and who to negotiate with (ie: instead of having to pay for offense off cheating - you can pay vs. what you actual get).

Hey, you are ruining the smug show of ignorance about what corsi is and what it shows. That at least seems like what he is going for.

:laugh:

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Hey, the majority of these posters, at the start of the season, wanted a "scoring threat" 4th line. They abhor fighting, toughness, making space for the star players, protecting the captain from being run by the other teams punks, and the pure entertainment of a good tilt. Enjoying the results, boys?

Ya cause Orr and McLaren brought us success. They are the difference makers :laugh:

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
trade:

phaneuf
kessel
bozak
lupul
franson

fire:

nonis
morrison

buyout:

clarkson (i dont care how terrible it is on the cap, i cant watch this guy)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad