Speculation: Morgan Rielly (Reporting to Marlies march 20th!) 2nd Star in Debut

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
For those that watched, how was his overall game besides good stats, assist and scoring the tying goal?

Does he look like he should play WHL next year or Leafs, how is his speed up against pro players rather than juniors?

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
guys i recommend HOCKEYSTREAMS.COM you get every NHL, AHL, WHL, OHL game for 99.99 a year! it's amazing. You're not going to beat that deal anywhere if paying for a legit subscription!

What's the quality of the stream like? What about international stuff? WC, WJC ect...

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
For those that watched, how was his overall game besides good stats, assist and scoring the tying goal?

Does he look like he should play WHL next year or Leafs,how is his speed up against pro players rather than juniors?

That's quite the conclusion to draw from one game :laugh:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Does he look like he should play WHL next year or Leafs, how is his speed up against pro players rather than juniors?

IMO, nobody here has a link so nobody has seen him play tonight BUT:

I think Rielly is here to stay now. He's got too much talent to have to go back and play for a bad WHL team.

There is nothing he'll learn down there. Rielly needs to continue his development under a coach that has won the Norris Trophy.

My opinion: He'll be brought along nicely in Toronto next year...and he might be given the chance to go to the WJC and be the #1D there.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
If Rielly can't pull out a win for the Marlies, how can we expect him to make an impact with the Leafs? :help: Sarcasm

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Well..Morgan Rielly's dad will be really happy after this game. Bet he watched at home and pumped his fists when he scored.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We should trade Rielly for a top 5 pick this year...he's already 19, I mean come on, we're trying to get young here.

SteveV*

Not to get lost in practicalities, but close your eyes and imagine Gardiner and Reilly in two years as a pair. Awwww, so pretty.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
we have not made the playoffs in 5 years with those guys.
but with 3 22 year olds 3 19 years, that are blue chip prospects would look good moving forward.
oilers with that youth will dominate the league in 2 years.

Yea because a guy like Kessel is shouldering the entire team and a guy like Stamkos, Ovechkin, Malkin, and Crosby are leading their team to the cups every year not losing. Know this, it is called a TEAM. Where a collective group must know one anothers role and push each other to be better.

I heard the same bs when Taylor hall was drafted what? 3 years ago? Then...Hopkins came...now it's Yakupov....with schultz yet they are still in bottom 5 of the league? So they should give up too right!? If anything they are making the islanders look like a genius team because after being in the bottom 10 for the last 10 years for that franchise they atleast are making a god damn progress this year even though they have a dumbass coach.

Man you make it seem like 24 is the new 54 :laugh: Did you forget 4 years back we had Matthew Stajan, Jason blake, Antropov, Poni, White and Carlo Coliacovo as our main core? Vesa Toskala as our main goalie along with a beautiful man named Andrew Raycroft?

WIth that I'm done derailing this thread and I recommends others stop too. I'll delete them if not another mod, and focus on the good future that has Kessel, Phaneuf, Gardiner, Kadri, Rielly and some beauties like Biggs, Percy and so on!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad