Morgan Rielly "It's stanley cup or bust. I think that’s how our group feels. Anything short of that will be a failure."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Define "bust".

As in, all the stars will willingly waive their no-trade clauses so Treliving can blow it up and star over? I mean if he said that I'd give his comment some weight.

Otherwise, there will be no fallout if (when) they "bust" because they are all locked into long-term extensions with the previously mentioned no-trade clauses.

Rather, I think Reilly was just acknowledging the obvious: This core has to finally deliver something. If not, well there's no other option than to run it back again. And again.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
That’s what you said

Tavares money will be ‘gobbled up’

Of course it will lol what did you think they would do with it? Put it in an RRSP and watch it grow?
Ahhh, but you weren't following the conversation.

So yeah, you took that out of context.

Buddy was saying there will be extra money post Tavares contract.

I replied:

All that money will be gobbled up by new contract + raises.

He said 'No cuz Dubas isn't here anymore' (paraphrased).

THAT is when I said "Doesn't matter who the GM is... gobbled up".

Get the picture now?

Has nothing to do with TO spending to the cap every year.

And you said:

"I think what you’re saying is that they have to let Tavares walk so they can afford to re-sign Marner, Woll and knies?"

Clearly you weren't following the convo then, and you're not now.

Cheers!

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
You hockey fans are silly. I lived around Red Sox fans before the "curse" ended in 2004. Die hard fans believed that every Spring was the year they were going to win the World Series.

All fans of all teams everywhere should expect the pro team they support to win a championship. Yeah some years you know that your team will struggle. If TOR can find playoff success, it'll be even more special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad