More points this year - Slafkovsky vs Michkov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Slaf or Michkov more points?

• Slaf

Votes: 91 63.6%
  • Michkov

Votes: 52 36.4%

• Total voters

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Very simple.....Ive seen a lot of people touting the former 7th overall pick to score 65+ points in his D+2 year. Slaf is a former #1 overall pick entering D+3 who had a great back half of year 2.

Who gets more points this year?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If Slaf doesn't then I would be slightly concerned and hope that it's just a sophomore slump

Slaf going into his 3rd NHL season vs Mitchkov going into his 1st NHL season

Reactions: shaner8989

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
If Slaf doesn't then I would be slightly concerned and hope that it's just a sophomore slump

If Slaf doesn't, it better be because Michkov goes over 70. Anything between 60 and 70 for Slaf is what I expect. Less than 50 would be catastrophic, more than 80 would be insanity.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
People saying rookie player X will get _____ points in their rookie year are usually wrong anyway as they are overhyping.

In the Bedard vs Jack Hughes thread there were dozens of people saying Bedard would get more points then Hughes last year.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Slafkovsky SHOULD but I don't think he will....

Michkov 32-34-68
Slafkovsky 26-38-64

It'll be close depending on Michkov usage. If they receive the same usages/TOI it'll be Michkov

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Juraj Slafkovsky was so very good in the second half of the season

Great use of his body for puck protection, silky hands, heavy shot (should shot way more often IMO)

No real apparent weaknesses

I can't even imagine that's he'll be under 60 points, that would be a huge disappoitment
He should be above 70 IMO

Sky is the limit for the Chadslofsky

Reactions: waitin425

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Point per game? Michkov has a solid chance.

A rookie that's small and is adjusting to the NHL game playing a full 82 game season without injury is pretty rare.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

Michkov will be in his D+2, Slaf D+3.

I think Michkov will get a lot of icetime because Flyers management desesperately needs a big W. Torts will have to comply... I think he'll score A LOT. My bet for rookie of the year in front of Celebrini.

Slafkovsky does not possess the scoring talent Michkov has, but he probably will impact more the game when it counts, like in the playoffs with his dominant physical/board/cycling game.

Michkov will score a lot in the regular season.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

I think Michkov will get a lot of icetime because Flyers management desesperately needs a big W. Torts will have to comply... I think he'll score A LOT. My bet for rookie of the year in front of Celebrini.

Slafkovsky does not possess the scoring talent Michkov has, but he probably will impact more the game when it counts, like in the playoffs with his dominant physical/board/cycling game.

Michkov will be the better player in preseason, regular season and playoffs. He’s simply on another level of talent from Slaf. There’s always a chance he busts, but all indications point toward a Kaprizovesque talent.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Michkov will be the better player in preseason, regular season and playoffs. He’s simply on another level of talent from Slaf. There’s always a chance he busts, but all indications point toward a Kaprizovesque talent.
Indeed both were 40-point players in the KHL at this age. Slafkovský is a 50-point one in the NHL.

Reactions: Habano

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014

Yet he had 36 pts in his final 46 games of his 19 year old season. That's pretty good scoring talent,

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
There's nothing preposterous about rating 40 points in the KHL lower than 40 points in the NHL.
There is when you completely ignore the fact that the NHLer took 35 more games to reach that number.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad