Proposal: Montreal VS Columbus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
We're pretty well set on the wings and need good young defensemen like Murray. Hard pass.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
The only possible way Ryan Murray is moved is if a #1C is coming back the other way. While Patches is a good player, he's a luxury the Jackets don't need. They have plenty of fire power on the wings, and are shaping their defense to be a force in the future, but lack a 1C outside of future Dubois.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Anaheim proposal is better. If CBJ, how about one of these:

Pacs for Jenner + Johnson

Pacs for Atkinson + Johnson

cap hits might be an issue..

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The only possible way Ryan Murray is moved is if a #1C is coming back the other way. While Patches is a good player, he's a luxury the Jackets don't need. They have plenty of fire power on the wings, and are shaping their defense to be a force in the future, but lack a 1C outside of future Dubois.

I agree.

Pacioretty is nothing to sneeze at, but with Jenner, Saad, Atkinson, Foligno, Hartnell, and potentially Bjorkstrand Columbus is pretty strong at wing. It's definitely much stronger there than at center (Wennberg, Dubinsky, Dubois, Karlsson, Gagner, and Campbell).

Plus the team's overall goal is to build through its defense. That means Murray, Jones, Werenski, Savard, and Johnson at the moment.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
That is horrendous. So we get a mediocre defenceman and take a bad contract for a 60 point winger. Wonderful.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
MTL

Max Pacioretty

CLB

Ryan Murray
Scott Hartnell

What you guys think ?

Considering they paid for Jones with their only #1C (prospect or otherwise) I highly doubt they'd trade Murray for a winger when that's their area of greatest strength

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'd love patches on the team prior to us getting Saad but the way we are set now we just have no room for wings no matter how much I like him.

Also terrible terrible comment about the value of those to players. Hartnell has been a 1st line production LW for the past 3 seasons, makes less then his cap hit, and his cap hit is lower then similar guys like Lucic and Backes who both just got huge deals which Hartnell would have also got if he was a FA this year. And Murray is in his what 3rd or 4th season and is a current top pairing D and is.on the U23 team NA as one of the top 6 D under the age of 23 on the.entire.continant so I don't grasp any of that as being anything other then not watching, not comprehending, or not caring and trying to start a fight in a thread where fans seem to be agreeing in value but know it doesn't work because fit.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
I also agree that if Pacioretty is to be traded, I prefer the Anaheim offer to this one. I would rather go forward with Rakell than the aging Hartnell. Too bad you don't have much center depth because Bergevin would leap of joy at getting Dubois...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
That is horrendous. So we get a mediocre defenceman and take a bad contract for a 60 point winger. Wonderful.

His analysis of the offer is dead on.

Hartnell has 110 pts over the last two years. Pacioretty has 131. The contracts are near identical.
Pacioretty is obviously worth vastly more given the age factor, but the idea that one of these guys is "one of the leagues best value contracts", while the other is "a bad contract", is unfounded.

And don't bother with Murray. Young D who are on track to be top pair don't get traded for wingers unless the value is exceptionally good.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bad value for Columbus (Murray alone is going to be worth as much as or more than MaxPac in most circumstances, and Hartnell is not a cap dump), and really abysmally poor needs-wise for both teams (Montreal needs more goal-scorers with size, not to trade away the only one they have on a good contract - and Columbus has a ton of goal-scoring wings with size and is trying to build a killer blueline). Bad all around.

EDIT: Also, our coach is already complaining about MaxPac on Team USA; that seems like potentially bad juju. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad