Proposal: Montreal offer for Rick Nash

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
With the Rangers adding Pirri and Vesey it seems they have a surplus of forwards, plus they have been rumoured for a while to be shopping Nash around. Since they have a pretty complete line-up even without Nash, I will assume that the Rangers would be incline to accept a picks/prospects type of deal, and save some cap space for in-season dealings.

Now as a Habs fan I would be willing to pay a fairly high price for Nash, even given his 7.8M cap hit. For this to happen though, Montreal would likely need to ditch Desharnais and Emelin (yes, both). There might be suitors around the league, but it may not be realistic to think that Bergevin could pull it off. Unless the NYR take on one of them in the Nash deal, which could make sense. So yes in instance this deal is a pretty long shot, but I still wanna put it out there.

My offer:

-MTL 1st round pick 2017 (not lottery protected)
-Your choice of Martin Reway or Arturri Lehkonen
-Your choice of Sven Andrighetto or Daniel Carr
-Possibly one of Desharnais/Emelin

Comments?

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Not giving Rangers quality prospects again. Ever. Make it a 2nd + 3rd with some cap dump and/or guys like Matteau or Flynn. Else, **** outta here with Nash. Oh and retain some of his salary. You still own us, NY.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Lehkonen is a no go.

So i'm down with 2017 1st, Emelin, Reway and Ghetto/Carr

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
I think the Rangers would be looking for an NHL calibre(#3 or #4) RHD (who is slightly overpaid but no albatross)+picks/prospects.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Nope, Nash is a non-starter because of his contract, especially for the what you offer.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I think the Rangers would be looking for an NHL calibre(#3 or #4) RHD (who is slightly overpaid but no albatross)+picks/prospects.

So Rangers would like to trade an albatross contract who didn't produce anything last year for a 3-4 that is slightly overpaid AND a pick? Why would the receiving team do that?

If Nash proves he can deliver in the 1st 15-20 games, MAYBE he'll notch that... But wiuth the way he played and produced last year, I do not think Nash moves from NYR unless he comes with a 1st or a really good prospect

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
That would be a dumb trade to make.

definitely. overpaid, over rated. ever see him get upset when he loses ? if your gonna pay someone 7.8 a year i like to see them get the suks like crosby and toews. it shows they care. nash is slowing quickly .

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Lehkonen is a big NO. He's one of the habs best nhl ready prospects, maybe THE best.
Any trade involving Mtl and NYR would have to include DD/Emelin and Nash with some of his salary or cap hit retained.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
No, i think since he waived his NMC to go to NYR, it becomes void and can be traded to any team inc mtl.

I said this in another thread, but I was probably wrong. The NMC for the first 5 years may have been voided, but not the modified NTC (12 team list) on the last 3 years. Two different clauses. He only waived the NMC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad