Proposal: Montreal - Los Angeles / Montreal - Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:habs

David Desharnais
Nikita Scherbak
Mark Barberio

:avs

Carl Soderberg
John Mitchell

Tomas Plekanec
Nathan Beaulieu
Sven Andrighetto

:kings

Jake Muzzin
Dwight King
Derek Forbort

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Kings just fixed their D.

No way Muzzin/Forbort go anywhere. Muzzin is an absolute Defensive stud.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Colorado one is not bad. Soderberg and Mitchell would make for some great added Center depth to the Habs. Sods as a #2 or #3C and Malkin as the #4C

LA one is pretty awful for LA.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Colorado one is not bad. Soderberg and Mitchell would make for some great added Center depth to the Habs. Sods as a #2 or #3C and Malkin as the #4C

LA one is pretty awful for LA.

Except we already have the other Mitchell as 4C and he's been playing excellent. I don't see why we are reducing our D depth to acquire a 4C.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Except we already have the other Mitchell as 4C and he's been playing excellent. I don't see why we are reducing our D depth to acquire a 4C.

Soderberg. Excellent two-way point producing pivot, or slot him on the wing with the same results.

Mitchell is a toss in for cap.

And if Barberio is that important, then that's another problem for Montreal altogether.

EDIT: Actually, I think the Avs would be ok if Montreal kept Barberio. Include a winger instead, around the same value and cap hit.

Last edited:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Come on scrap plecky still has 2 good years in him and has been a good center for a decade now

It's not good value but it's not scraps either

We. Can't do trades until deadline as we can't deal Gallagher and etc

stpn47

Feb 10, 2012
I'd do it from the Avs POV. We're probably going to lose Soderberg to the expansion draft so this is pretty good value for him.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
to get the kings to even consider trading muzzin start with Mikhail Sergachev and a 1st to open talks Massive overpayment required for a top corsi defenseman like him

Yes that I would do muzzin is still young and we got juulsen who looks like a stud and we would still have beaulieu

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Yes that I would do muzzin is still young and we got juulsen who looks like a stud and we would still have beaulieu

i said to start. It would also at least include someone to talk over Jakes minutes right now so markov or petry at reduced money cause we cant afford them due to cap Even with that i doubt la is looking to trade one of the best number 2 in the nhl but at least that offer would have dean considering it. The op is a joke

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Soderberg. Excellent two-way point producing pivot, or slot him on the wing with the same results.

Mitchell is a toss in for cap.

And if Barberio is that important, then that's another problem for Montreal altogether.

EDIT: Actually, I think the Avs would be ok if Montreal kept Barberio. Include a winger instead, around the same value and cap hit.

It's not that Barberio is that important (he's the 8th D if everyone is healthy), it's that J. Mitchell would be a 1.8M 12/13/14th fwd. We have absolutely no need for Mitchell compared to a minimal need for Barberio.

We are already icing a 3 center 4th line (Danault - Mitchell - Flynn), we don't need more 4th line C.

Colorado is already saving 1.25 M on the cap in the DD/Soderberg swap, so I don't know why Mitchell has to come back. If he does, we have to lower the prospect we give you (as he is essentially a cap dump on our team).

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
i said to start. It would also at least include someone to talk over Jakes minutes right now so markov or petry at reduced money cause we cant afford them due to cap Even with that i doubt la is looking to trade one of the best number 2 in the nhl but at least that offer would have dean considering it. The op is a joke

We can add beaulieu and a 2nd

I know you want a NHL ready player but it would depend on your team situation (not making playoffs or does)

stpn47

Feb 10, 2012
It's not that Barberio is that important (he's the 8th D if everyone is healthy), it's that J. Mitchell would be a 1.8M 12/13/14th fwd. We have absolutely no need for Mitchell compared to a minimal need for Barberio.

We are already icing a 3 center 4th line (Danault - Mitchell - Flynn), we don't need more 4th line C.

Colorado is already saving 1.25 M on the cap in the DD/Soderberg swap, so I don't know why Mitchell has to come back. If he does, we have to lower the prospect we give you (as he is essentially a cap dump on our team).

So you leave out Barberio and we leave out Mitchell? Fine with me.

I'd do DD and Scherbak for Soderberg.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
We can add beaulieu and a 2nd

I know you want a NHL ready player but it would depend on your team situation (not making playoffs or does)

So if i read this right your offering 1st 2nd Mikhail Sergachev and Beaulieu? If so not enough we need someone to play right away at a rate we can afford to remotely consider it Beaulieu is not of interest as we have alot of young d coming and we would already be adding Sergachev Beaulieu is not ready for the type of mintues needed to replace jake sorry

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
These proposals are all very bad for L.A

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

David Desharnais
Nikita Scherbak
Mark Barberio

:avs

Carl Soderberg
John Mitchell

Tomas Plekanec
Nathan Beaulieu
Sven Andrighetto

:kings

Jake Muzzin
Dwight King
Derek Forbort

Yea LA says hell no. Muzzin is going nowhere he is a stud signed to a friendly deal and no need to move Forbort after developing all these years since he is playing well for LA. Nothing you offered even gets you Muzzin let alone asking for more.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Come on scrap plecky still has 2 good years in him and has been a good center for a decade now

It's not good value but it's not scraps either

We. Can't do trades until deadline as we can't deal Gallagher and etc

Well he would be a 3rd line center at best with Carter and Kopi in LA and moving a top pairing guy like Muzzin for him is more than silly.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
imagine Montreal with Price + Weber + Muzzin + Trap + Therrien = :amazed:

no team would be able to score more than 1 goal on the habs

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The trade with Colorado is tilted heavily in Habs favor, speaking as a fan of both teams. Soderberg is a decent top 6 forward, Mitchell I don't care for, but he would be nice if kept on the 4th line exclusively. DD is almost negative value, Scherbak (watched plenty of him in junior with the Blades) is a far cry to ever become anything at the NHL level and Barberio is essentially worthless to Colorado. I honestly can't believe Avs fans are saying they would do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad