Speculation: Montreal deadline sale - make your offers!

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
I don't mind keeping some of them as depth players, especially since aside from Savard they don't have much value. But at the same time, you got Heinman, Kapanen, Demidov, Reinbacher, Roy, Mailloux, Engstrom, Beck, and possibly more in need of full-time spots in the next year.

So, if you gotta clear the dead weight to make space might as well grab a pick during this season
After the first three names, I don't see any NHLers next year, unless they have a 'Kapanen-like' training camp next year.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Savard won't get a first, that ship has sailed, he's actually slower than ever.
A late 2nd for him is what I expect. And it's time to give his spot to younger guys (after the TD).

Armia is a guy I'd see a team paying a 2nd for him, if he has a decent season.

Dvorak? If someone is ready to pay something for him without retention, go!

Evans is a keeper, he's good at what he does, drafted and raised in the organization. Far better than Dvorak at a cheaper price.

Pezzetta we keep. Can't have any better when it comes to a 13th forward.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Lining up to sell already?

Maybe the Habs should just play some more games, first?

It's more about getting pieces that will not be part of our contending team out so we can position ourselves to get the right pieces in.

I don't think it should a whole firesale, but there's a few of those pieces that should go.

And definitely not in October, more like December-March. Unless of course a great offer comes in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad