Speculation: Montreal deadline sale - make your offers!

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Well they can suck on my left toenail's fungus, I'm tired of watching these two. Waste of roster spots

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I've actually been quite pleased with Josh Anderson's start to the season. He's been skating great, playing physical hockey and hasn't flubbed chances.

He also very nearly scored a gorgeous shorthanded goal that he rang off the crossbar.

Reactions: CDN24

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I've actually been quite pleased with Josh Anderson's start to the season. He's been skating great, playing physical hockey and hasn't flubbed chances.

He also very nearly scored a gorgeous shorthanded goal that he rang off the crossbar.
That sums up Josh's stint with us perfectly: almost

Reactions: Jared Dunn

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I think the main piece here would be David Savard who could return a late 1st round pick. Though honestly he's been so good in his stint with Montreal that I would consider re-signing him for 1 or 2 years.

The rest can be had for mid or late round picks/long shot prospects. Make your bid!

David Savard - UFA ($3,5M)
Christian Dvorak - UFA ($4,45M)
Joel Armia - UFA ($3,4M)
Jake Evans - UFA ($1,7M)
Michael Pezzetta - UFA ($0,81M)
Cayden Primeau - RFA ($0,89M)
Justin Barron - 1 more year left @ $1,15M then RFA
Brendan Gallagher - 2 more years left @ $6,5M then UFA
Josh Anderson - 2 more years left @ $5,5M then UFA

Can retain on 1 contract for 2024-25, more after that.

I'd keep Savard, Gallagher, Evans and Armia

Reactions: Number 57

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
On pace to win 2/3rds of their games, and adding a star forward in 3 months.

Maybe save this for at least the new year.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I think the main piece here would be David Savard who could return a late 1st round pick. Though honestly he's been so good in his stint with Montreal that I would consider re-signing him for 1 or 2 years.

The rest can be had for mid or late round picks/long shot prospects. Make your bid!

Joel Armia - UFA ($3,4M)
Jake Evans - UFA ($1,7M)

It's kind of early in the season for this thread. But I'll play along.

Gets moved for more return than most here want to admit, unless he's re-signed. I'd extend him if I were Hughes, but only for a year, or two if we get a discount. If moved, he gets the retention slot.

Return will be depressing for Habs fans, even with retention (ie, if Savard is kept). A 2nd is being very optimistic at this point.

Joel Armia - UFA ($3,4M)
Might be a darkhorse rental and fetch a 2nd, if he has a solid season, like his 2nd half last year. It's kind of early to know.

Jake Evans - UFA ($1,7M)
I hope he's re-signed. He's a pro, has speed and can play multiple roles. Plus, we need to keep a few guys from the Finals run.

Gonzo the second another tough forward can take his spot. Might stick around as a 14th forward, though.

Let's wait and see how his season goes, ok ? He's unlikely to be a deadline trade regardless.

Let's wait and see how his season goes, ok ? He's unlikely to be a deadline trade regardless.

Unlikely to be a deadline deal, and isn't living up to his contract. Let's just hope for LTIR.

Unlikely to be a deadline deal, and isn't living up to his contract. Let's just hope for LTIR. Still, he's at least an effective, mobile but physical 3d liner this season, so I can't complain.

Reactions: Number 57

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Joel Armia - UFA ($3,4M)
Jake Evans - UFA ($1,7M)

Savard will likely get a 1st

Dvorak maybe like a 3rd/4th?

Evans the same as Dvorak

No one will likely want the others

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Gallagher is having a solid season right now, and we would probably get shit for him, so we might as well just keep him

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Park Anderson on the third line and don't expect much more. Cap is rising anyway. The contract will run its course. Gally, same.
I don't mind keeping some of them as depth players, especially since aside from Savard they don't have much value. But at the same time, you got Heinman, Kapanen, Demidov, Reinbacher, Roy, Mailloux, Engstrom, Beck, and possibly more in need of full-time spots in the next year.

So, if you gotta clear the dead weight to make space might as well grab a pick during this season

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I don't mind keeping some of them as depth players, especially since aside from Savard they don't have much value. But at the same time, you got Heinman, Kapanen, Demidov, Reinbacher, Roy, Mailloux, Engstrom, Beck, and possibly more in need of full-time spots in the next year.

So, if you gotta clear the dead weight to make space might as well grab a pick during this season
Some of these guys will flame out, and you can't just hand kids roster spots.

Barré-Boulet was meant to be depth, but showed Roy he didn't have it made quite yet. Without Barré-Boulet, Roy might get an undeserved roster spot, and go the Gilbert Dionne/Alexandre Daigle type of route, and stop improving and working on his game.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The whole point of this year is to be #InTheMix and get some growth out of the kids. Selling again and telling them we intend to tank again isn't how you do it. Savard stays to mentor Hutson, Gallagher and Anderson aren't going anywhere even at 50% so buyout is the only option.

Only ones that are a possibility IMO are Armia and Dvorak but you'd need to retain 50% just for the privilege of getting a 4th round pick back. Not worth it unless you need to make space for another F from Laval.

Depending on how Mailloux does this year, they might want him up in the NHL permanently by TDL and the odd man out would be either Savard and Barron as the only natural RD. Barron being the younger one would make Savard the logical choice as trade bait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad