Speculation: Montreal deadline sale - make your offers!

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I think the main piece here would be David Savard who could return a late 1st round pick. Though honestly he's been so good in his stint with Montreal that I would consider re-signing him for 1 or 2 years.

The rest can be had for mid or late round picks/long shot prospects. Make your bid!

David Savard - UFA ($3,5M)
Christian Dvorak - UFA ($4,45M)
Joel Armia - UFA ($3,4M)
Jake Evans - UFA ($1,7M)
Michael Pezzetta - UFA ($0,81M)
Cayden Primeau - RFA ($0,89M)
Justin Barron - 1 more year left @ $1,15M then RFA
Brendan Gallagher - 2 more years left @ $6,5M then UFA
Josh Anderson - 2 more years left @ $5,5M then UFA

Can retain on 1 contract for 2024-25, more after that.

• Wow
Reactions: Jacob582

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I think the main piece here would be David Savard who could return a late 1st round pick. Though honestly he's been so good in his stint with Montreal that I would consider re-signing him for 1 or 2 years.

The rest can be had for mid or late round picks/long shot prospects. Make your bid!

David Savard - UFA ($3,5M)
Christian Dvorak - UFA ($4,45M)
Joel Armia - UFA ($3,4M)
Jake Evans - UFA ($1,7M)
Michael Pezzetta - UFA ($0,81M)
Cayden Primeau - RFA ($0,89M)
Justin Barron - 1 more year left @ $1,15M then RFA
Brendan Gallagher - 2 more years left @ $6,5M then UFA
Josh Anderson - 2 more years left @ $5,5M then UFA

Can retain on 1 contract for 2024-25, more after that.
I think we resign Armia, Pezz and Evans.

I suspect we let Gallys contract run out and try and resign him for much less. He's a lifer for us.

We need Savard on RD until Reinbacher and/or Mailloux are ready. So resign for a 2 year stint.

Dvorak gone. Try and trade Anderson. Barron can gtfo.

Primeau is gone in summer.

Long story short trade Dvorak at TDL (if out of playoff hunt) for whatever he returns but primarily cap relief.

Reactions: Number 57

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
This thread is ridicules at this point in the season. The management has said they want to be in the mix for a playoff spot, so there is no indication that Montreal will definitely be sellers.

Let’s see how the season plays out first?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Montembeault to the Avs for Georgiev and a 2nd.
Ew no.

I really wish Montreal didn’t trade chiarot for a 1st. Now the rest of us have to suffer because of the false hope this trade has given them. Every year we get the same threads from habs fans:

Edmundson did not get traded for a 1st.

Anderson did not get traded for a 1st.

Savard is not going to get traded for a 1st.
Don't forget we got paid to take Monahan for a 1st, then traded him for another 1st!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Andreas Anthanasiou for Dvorak

Athanasiou is not a player that is interesting to the Habs. The goal here is to get rid of salary to use it on players that complement our core. Athanasiou doesn't do that.

I don't see a fit NHL player wise from the Hawks (at least one that is not an outlandish gap in value), so it would have to be picks or prospects.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Andreas Anthanasiou for Dvorak

Howsabout a 7th rounder instead.

Montembeault to the Avs for Georgiev and a 2nd.

Switch the 2nd for 2 1sts. 1 first for Monty and the second 1st for taking on Georgiev.

Dvorak and Anderson can be given for free btw

Anderson's been pretty solid in the last few games. I would rather not just dump him.

it’s always funny when a consistent lottery team tries to make fun of a consistent playoff team :sarcasm:

Consistent? Yeah we've been in a re-build amigo but right before that we were in the Stanley Cup Finals. Do you remember? Do you also remember we beat your team to get there? I think you do. Oh hey do you also remember the last time your team made it to the Finals? I think you do. It was back in '67.

:teach:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Athanasiou is not a player that is interesting to the Habs. The goal here is to get rid of salary to use it on players that complement our core. Athanasiou doesn't do that.

I don't see a fit NHL player wise from the Hawks (at least one that is not an outlandish gap in value), so it would have to be picks or prospects.
Understood
No interest in picks in prospects from this internet Gm at least

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad