HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Training Camp (Roster & Pre-Season Schedule in OP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Not sure you're Chicago bad yet.

Habs lineup with those guys out

Caufield - Dach - Gallagher
Dadonov - Monahan - Anderson
Slafkovsky - Evans - Ylonen
Pezzetta - Pitlick - Harvey-Pinard

Guhle - Savard
Harris - Barron
Xhekaj - Wideman

Allen

Honestly it's pretty close with CHI :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: Redux91

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Top priority next summer will be to get a goalie ...
Dobes at .935 sv% after 2 games woot!

I’ve not watched much ahl, but every game I’ve seen Primeau with the habs pucks either go right through him or he is stuck one side of the net or the other on his pads. Good for the tank without messing up player development I guess, but yeah they’ll need an above average goalie at some point.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Hoffman & Anderson are most likely out, so RHP & Ylonen might play, or Pezz.
Dvorak not Anderson.
Pezz played last game, he's not replacing someone.
Drouin will replace Hoffman.
Pitlick will play center.
RHP or Ylonen will replace Pitlick at wing.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I’ve not watched much ahl, but every game I’ve seen Primeau with the habs pucks either go right through him or he is stuck one side of the net or the other on his pads. Good for the tank without messing up player development I guess, but yeah they’ll need an above average goalie at some point.

Personally i lost faith in Primeau. He's still young but i really don't see the top NHL number 1 potential.

Listening to Gorton talk, its clearly a priority of his
He knows our future #1 is most likely not in the org yet
And he also knows it doesn't have to be drafted too

They already seemingly took care of THE biggest prob most teams face, getting CENTERS in like 1 offseason lol
He's on the JOB this guy I'm telling you, Goalie is #1 on the agenda for the future of the team building

For sure a goalie is something you can get from another org. Easier to get than a 1st line center or 1st dman imo.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Dobes is interesting but you need other option in case it dosen’t work. Goalie are tough to predict how they will develop. In the best case scenario you have 2 good goalies what is not a bad thing to have

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
This seems to say Matheson is taking a therapy day, so I don't think it's anything serious.

Any news on Suzuki?
They said that Suzuki would be playing right now if it was the real season (again). I think they are just being extra careful with most of the players. Well except Byron and Eddy.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
What do you guys think about the power play zone entry strategy?
The back pass from the first puck carrier to the second carrier when reaching the red line, only to give 10 feet of momentum to the carrier gaining speed, will get chopped up with the right amount of pressure in the neutral zone from the first PKer.

It doesn’t feel natural to the personnel we have.

NitroF

Feb 6, 2006
Didn’t get to watch any pre-season game. How did Matheson look so far? He definitely has a huge role for the next few years and it would be reassuring to know he is looking the part.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Perhaps Dobes will be our Ken Dryden, come out of the NCAA and transform our team for next year 2023-24.

Dobes
Allen

Barron
Guhle
Xhekaj
Matheson
Edmundson
Harris
extra: Savard

Monahan (re-sign)-Suzuki-Caufield
Roy-Dvorak-Gallagher
Slafkovsky-Dach-Anderson
Heineman-Evans-Mesar
extras: Ylonen, Pitlick

plus A-prospects Beck, Mailloux, Hutson, Farrell, Kidney and 2-3 new first round prospects including one high pick, plus several B prospects/ELCs

Gone UFA: Byron, Drouin, Dadonov, Schueneman, Bowie
Buried or waived to AHL: Hoffman, Armia, Wideman, Pezzetta, Harvey-Pinard, Leskinen, Montembeault, Primeau
LTIR: Price

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Didn’t get to watch any pre-season game. How did Matheson look so far? He definitely has a huge role for the next few years and it would be reassuring to know he is looking the part.
Hard to judge through comparison because they have been playing mostly rookies but he is smoothe, fast and efficient for sure. Looked great to me; MSL seems to want D to support the attack so his type fits well. He’ll be logging big minutes. - would be a great second pairing D if habs had a legit all-star D ahead of him.

Reactions: NitroF and Gustave

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Guhle will stay at least until Edmundson is back. When he will return, we will have better information on if we keep him in the NHL or it could be better for him to play a little bit in the AHL
At least they have options. The key is for none of the young guys to be on the bench. Mailloux’s career is already getting iffy with the time he’s missed; they all have to play a lot. Not much you can do to keep them healthy but whoever starts playing fewer minutes goes to the AHL and plays more. The 20 year olds need to be out there.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad