HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Hockey Ops - Part 3

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I just wanna know what the brainiacs in here would have done in the past 3 years , who would you have picked and what you would have done to get us a 1C or a 1D for the rebuild... I'll wait.......

The only thing they could have done is tank HARDER and you guys would have been crying even more than you are now.

The fact you guys prefer to be * in the mix* and get a 10th overall pick when the team is so far out just shows you guys have no patience

Reactions: the and Miller Time

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
I just wanna know what the brainiacs in here would have done in the past 3 years , who would you have picked and what you would have done to get us a 1C or a 1D for the rebuild... I'll wait.......

The only thing they could have done is tank HARDER and you guys would have been crying even more than you are now.

The fact you guys prefer to be * in the mix* and get a 10th overall pick when the team is so far out just shows you guys have no patience

As a fellow crying brainiac, I would've drafted Cooley for one.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Damn why is it so hard to comprehend? It isn't about wins and losses, the rebuild isn't done. It's about how these players are playing in what appears to be a non exististent system.
You can rebuild and instill a structure that doesn't embarrass us when we watch.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
And we would still be garbage is my point lol , we need the new crop to simmer , our dmen are literal children, this is what we wanted when we wanted a rebuild and people are getting cold feet now

Well, the C problem would be fixed and it has been a problem since I've been watching hockey and I'm in my mid 30s. Doesn't look like we'll have a solution anytime soon either.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

I'm not a brainiacs but i'll bite the bullet and honestly not much different,

Slaf was my pick. So was Demidov. Reinbacher was not my pick though. I was more into Michkov but can't blame KH for not drafting Michkov with all the smoke. I don't have much of an opinion over Reinbacher which is why i'll wait and see before ocmplaining. I would have probably kept the pick instead of gambling on Dach but at the same time Dach was a good gamble and still is i mean Eichel spent 10 trillion years injured and then he was not anymore same for Monahan atm. Romanov for a 13th overall was a solid trade. I think all the players he sold were sold for a good price. Two first round pick (Monahan) for nothing was legendary. The move he made i hate the most is Newhook. I think this was an overpay for a 3rd line player and unlike Dach it was not a very interesting gamble he was almost 23. We did not need a Newhook imo we had many potential Newhook in the pipeline.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

Naw I would’ve traded for good players instead of players that used to be Hughes clients, and if I had to trade for my former clients I would cut them loose before they lose all their value

And the very first thing I would have done is hire a veteran assistant coach to help with tactical decisions, and not bend over backwards to not emasculate Marty.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Well, the C problem would be fixed and it has been a problem since I've been watching hockey and I'm in my mid 30s. Doesn't look like we'll have a solution anytime soon either.
I love Cooley and I agree he'd fix the problem over the long term but I don't think it would be fixed today with Suzuki & D+3 Cooley (and would also create a new hole on the wing in the short term, not sure it makes much difference to the overall roster today).

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
7 games in- 9 players were not physically able to practice.
Slaf was doing slapshots solo again at least. Which I find weird for a guy who has a hurt shoulder (he doesn't put full force into it, but still).

The team just seems to have generalized poor fitness thought.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Slaf was doing slapshots solo again at least. Which I find weird for a guy who has a hurt shoulder (he doesn't put full force into it, but still).

The team just seems to have generalized poor fitness thought.
Players missing a few games in the season happens to all teams. If it was the playoffs Slaf would be on the ice. We just notice it more cause the team sucks. When the team is good you notice it less.

in 2013-2014 the year we reached the semis against NYR and finished 9th in the league for points Patch missed 9 games, DD missed 3 games, AG missed 17 games, Eller missed 5 games, Emelin missed 13 games, Gorges missed 14 games and a bunch of other depth guys missed a few games.

Last year Panthers wont the cup and Barkov missed 9 games, Verhaeghe missed 6 games, Bennett missed 13 games, Montour missed 16 games, Kulikov missed 6 games, Ekblad missed half the year. A bunch of depth players missed a few games. I mean Barkov and Ekbland are often injured.

When you have a good team it stink far less and you almost do not notice it as long as they can play in the playoffs where players will usually have a higher tolerance to pain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad