HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Hockey Ops - Part 3

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What I want to know is what are we going to be doing about NOW.
I don't give a damn about next season and I certainly don't give a damn about who we did or didn't select.
From what I've seen so far this season something stinks in the State of Denmark and it isn't just oh we are rebuilding.
The players seem tuned out.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I watched every game, but you clearly haven't been paying attention to how better rosters than ours have fared.
Toronto got smashed 6-2 by Columbus, of all teams, on the same day the Habs played NYR.
Let's resume this conversation after the St. Louis game, hopefully you will be right and the Habs will rebound. I have my doubts but let's circle back up after the game.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
What I want to know is what are we going to be doing about NOW.
I don't give a damn about next season and I certainly don't give a damn about who we did or didn't select.
From what I've seen so far this season something stinks in the State of Denmark and it isn't just oh we are rebuilding.
The players seem tuned out.
"We" aren't going to do anything about it.:sarcasm:

MSL, lots of video review and practices. I actually think the season start didn't help the team recover after the Bruins lost (even if the next game was their best one). They played 3 games before they had their first practice. Then like two more games before their 2nd practice. This week is the first time they will practices multiple days in a row since the season started.

As for the players being "tuned out", they listen since there was some improvements individually since the season started, but it looks like a mentally fragile group.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Let's resume this conversation after the St. Louis game, hopefully you will be right and the Habs will rebound. I have my doubts but let's circle back up after the game.
Thing is we’ve seen this movie too many times,they’ll maybe have a good game or two then shit the bed then have a team bonding session and so on and so forth,one thing i’m sure of is they’re going nowhere very early in the season again !!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
"We" aren't going to do anything about it.:sarcasm:

MSL, lots of video review and practices. I actually think the season start didn't help the team recover after the Bruins lost (even if the next game was their best one). They played 3 games before they had their first practice. Then like two more games before their 2nd practice. This week is the first time they will practices multiple days in a row since the season started.

As for the players being "tuned out", they listen since there was some improvements individually since the season started, but it looks like a mentally fragile group.
Kaiden Guhle is the only young player to show improvement and then he got tagged needlessly again to douse that fire.
Josh Anderson is the only vet that has been better but damn what a low bar to begin with.
Maybe tuned out is the wrong impression but they certainly have no spark and seem to be resigned to their fate.
How many good periods of the 21 has this team played after all.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
I just wanna know what the brainiacs in here would have done in the past 3 years , who would you have picked and what you would have done to get us a 1C or a 1D for the rebuild... I'll wait.......

The only thing they could have done is tank HARDER and you guys would have been crying even more than you are now.

The fact you guys prefer to be * in the mix* and get a 10th overall pick when the team is so far out just shows you guys have no patience
No. The issue is we all know this team will win a bunch of games in March when it doesn't matter and hurt their draft position. Either tank or don't.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
No. The issue is we all know this team will win a bunch of games in March when it doesn't matter and hurt their draft position. Either tank or don't.
You're talking to the king tank commander here , Id have blown the whole thing up way worse than Kent did , to the chagrin of those who want to be entertained on a Tuesday night in november. I think its gonna be another top 5 pick here so I'm not very mad about the whole bad start

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
How many good periods of the 21 has this team played after all.
Not that many, they tend to only be good for like half a period, hence the "mentally weak". They get deflated easily, and turtle when that happens.

I said it last week, I think they started to believe in their own hype and expected this season to be easier and when it wasn't, they just deflated. They had better moral last year. The Laine and Reinbacher injuries might be in cause too or it could be something else behind the scene we don't know about.

Xhekaj mentioned that he's should stop thinking about things he can't control to explain his poor play last week. Slaf also said he was thinking too much on the ice to explain his slow reaction time.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I'm not a brainiacs but i'll bite the bullet and honestly not much different,

Slaf was my pick. So was Demidov. Reinbacher was not my pick though. I was more into Michkov but can't blame KH for not drafting Michkov with all the smoke. I don't have much of an opinion over Reinbacher which is why i'll wait and see before ocmplaining. I would have probably kept the pick instead of gambling on Dach but at the same time Dach was a good gamble and still is i mean Eichel spent 10 trillion years injured and then he was not anymore same for Monahan atm. Romanov for a 13th overall was a solid trade. I think all the players he sold were sold for a good price. Two first round pick (Monahan) for nothing was legendary. The move he made i hate the most is Newhook. I think this was an overpay for a 3rd line player and unlike Dach it was not a very interesting gamble he was almost 23. We did not need a Newhook imo we had many potential Newhook in the pipeline.
Yup, the Newhook trade is the most useless one. Dime a dozen middle-six forward. I guess the value is fair, but yeah... meh...

Reactions: LaP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad