HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Hockey Ops - Part 2

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't know about Laval but I wonder if Plecky would come over for Letowski.
First order of business fix our atrociously passive PK.
It's incredible to think Edmonton can play a balls to the wall PK in the SC Finals but we are afraid of even trying it in a season(s) of development.
You can't convince me their players are collectively much quicker than ours.

Maybe he could also give Marty a dose of reality when it comes to concepts and or our Man v Man D strategy.
I mean do it selectively perhaps but all the time with our roster.
:help:

Reactions: BLONG7

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I don't know about Laval but I wonder if Plecky would come over for Letowski.
First order of business fix our atrociously passive PK.
It's incredible to think Edmonton can play a balls to the wall PK in the SC Finals but we are afraid of even trying it in a season(s) of development.
You can't convince me their players are collectively much quicker than ours.

Maybe he could also give Marty a dose of reality when it comes to concepts and or our Man v Man D strategy.
I mean do it selectively perhaps but all the time with our roster.
:help:

Would be extremely surprised to see him leave Kladno/Jagr, especially for NA.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
Did Albie O'Connell sign somewhere?
Curious about this as well. We know he left ASU for a full time scouting job somewhere. Coincidently, that’s about the time the Zeev Buium to Montreal talk started. He would’ve seen a lot of him as ASU has played Denver.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
McGuire suggested Gerard Gallant a few weeks ago on the Sick Podcast, would love to see him comeback

I remember he did great as an assistant to Therrien 10 years ago, seems well-liked by players, just wonder why he doesn't seem to be able to keep a job. Don't know if he'd accept a job as an assistant, though, perhaps an associate, if MSL accepts.

Still, right now, there's no place for anyone else behind the bench.

And please, no Boucher, guy has a sound hockey mind, but wayyy too entitled and arrogant for my liking, and like some said already, shat to no end on MSL.

Reactions: Slafkofield

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
great watch

This was one of my favourite interviews that Kent has done yet. Some interesting tidbits I picked up on:

- Pittsburgh reached out to him before to ask if he would interview for the GM Job
- He rejected Geoff Gorton a few times, but it took Geoff telling him he didn't know himself well enough to start going through the GM recruitment process
- Marty St. Louis is important for selling the idea of what the organization wants to do and help the fanbase be patient through the rebuild
- He says if starting from scratch, the most important role to build around would be goaltending if goaltending could be predictable, but because it's so hard to predict goaltender performance game to game and year to year, the philosophy is centers or defense
- Development is not something reserved for prospects, players in the AHL or young guys. Everyone can improve their game and thats why they've invested so heavily in development. He said many players get complacent about their development in their careers, but that Montreal wants them to focus on growing their game at any stage of their career (paraphrasing that last part)
- He shared a couple great stories about Luc Bourdon and Matt Lombardi being drafted

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
- Development is not something reserved for prospects, players in the AHL or young guys. Everyone can improve their game and thats why they've invested so heavily in development. He said many players get complacent about their development in their careers, but that Montreal wants them to focus on growing their game at any stage of their career (paraphrasing that last part)

It's so refreshing to finally have the Habs led by people who get what building a culture of excellence is all about.

Reactions: badfish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad