Confirmed with Link: Washington Capitals have acquired forward Andrew Mangiapane from the Calgary Flames for a second-round pick in the 2025

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think my thing is: if he crushes it do you really want to extend this player? Shrug. At least he kills penalties but...underwhelming. Seems like they may be just about done unless there's additional space from Oshie -> LTIR or further trades.

Further trades seem very likely given A.) their desire to reshape the blueline and B.) their subsequent top nine surplus. But it does take two to tango.

The value is more than fine. The mix...definitely remains to be seen. They'd like to stay busy but we'll see.

Reactions: ArmadilloThumb

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
Just what this team needs. An overpriced W that needs to meet potential. Only thing better would be an overpriced C that needs to meet….oh wait.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He’s underperformed the last 2 years, but I think he’s been a bit too maligned by flames fans.

He’s a solid ES producer who can play second line minutes. If he can get back to his pre-injury okay he can probably produce 25 goals give or take.

Reactions: PlushMinus

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
Makes me expect a little more we now move some of Jensen/TvR/Dowd and turn the focus to bringing in D help either tomorrow or a UFA.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Another light on defense guy 5v5. Good hands and offensive sense but physically slight and how much of an upgrade over Milano is he really? Again, fine value in isolation but it seems like they just traded for the best available option for one of those picks without too much regard to longer-term planning.

McVechkin

Sponsor
Jun 29, 2015
Don’t get it at all. He’s had one good year and then mediocre ones not worth his 5.8m contract. And he’s only 1 year left to Ufa. Why would a team trying to retool and get younger with a glut of mid/bottom 6 forward spend 2nd round pick on a pending ufa that already peaked?

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
For those that hate everything GMBM does

Dude had 35 goals 2 seasons ago on a Daryl Sutter team

Then underperformed with injuries and playing on a mediocre flames team.

Reactions: Calicaps

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
For those that hate everything GMBM does

Dude had 35 goals 2 seasons ago on a Daryl Sutter team

Then underperformed with injuries and playing on a mediocre flames team.
Under performing and injured. Another reclamation project lol. How you can’t see this is astounding lol

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm surprised people dislike this move.

This is from 2 years ago:

1719534764971.png

A lot can happen in two years but I don't really believe he's nearly as defensively deficient as the past two years numbers indicate. He's probably not as good as the chart above says. He's probably somewhere in the middle.

It seems like a good bet. Calgary has been a mess the last two seasons and he seems like a rebound candidate. For a late second round pick, I like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad