GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins | 730PM March 3, 2013 | RDS, NBCSN, TSN-HABS (P-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
therrien playing chuckie pretty well tonight especially here at the end of the game... but with armstrong and white 0_0

Switch him and gallagher for a shift or two therrien.
Switch Gallagher? Are you for real?

And nothing wrong with White. He's ****ing awesome.

Saintpatrick*

Clowe would be nice. Top 6 guy with some physicality and can defend himself too. Not a great skater though so don't know if he'd fit with this team.

Makes me think of Ryder's awkward skating. Cole was much more fluid.

Man I love Clowe he would have been nice.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
The "contract" thing is so overdone on here. 4.5, even at a 25 goal clip is fine. People are fine paying that for Gionta. Cole was something the team didn't have and filled a big time need. Slow start, who cares, give him the benefit of the doubt. The guy had the heart of a lion and loved being a Hab.

Anyways, I'm sorry, I'll shut up. Go Habs and hopefully Ryder gets it going. It's not him I dislike, it's the timing of the move. It's not like Cole would be unmovable in the offseason. He's a good hockey player and ~13-15 games doesn't change that, neitehr would 48.

If it is worth anything I agree with you in that I think the trade was unnecessary and came at a bad time. Also Cole was turning his game around and brought something we couldn't replace. I do hope Ryder isn't this ****** for the rest of the year and we use the cap space for Perry. If we get Perry this is a win but if we don't it sucks.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Ryder has a nice assist on the 1st goal plus we didn't cost us goals.

Calm down the guy is still learning the playbook.

His shot will solve things tonight

Dude it's not about Ryder. Ryder, whatever, fine. Goal scorers are streaky I get it. Just a dumb move as the forwards clearly have a huge hole now. You've taken two big fast power forwards outta the lineup in the same week.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Ryder has a nice assist on the 1st goal plus we didn't cost us goals.

Calm down the guy is still learning the playbook.

His shot will solve things tonight
lol.. Ryder will score 2 or 3 goals in a game and everyone will love him. He's streaky as hell, always has been.

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
Please don't stop attacking, Don't sit in the zone or this won't end well

Delat

Oct 9, 2006
The "contract" thing is so overdone on here. 4.5, even at a 25 goal clip is fine. People are fine paying that for Gionta. Cole was something the team didn't have and filled a big time need. Slow start, who cares, give him the benefit of the doubt. The guy had the heart of a lion and loved being a Hab.

Anyways, I'm sorry, I'll shut up. Go Habs and hopefully Ryder gets it going. It's not him I dislike, it's the timing of the move. It's not like Cole would be unmovable in the offseason. He's a good hockey player and ~13-15 games doesn't change that, neitehr would 48.

I understand it wasn'T a that bad contract, but the two other years would have been tough to handle if Cole kept playing like he did. I think Bergevin was afraid that it would only get worse and that he would become tough to trade without taking a contract. Why would you trade for a guy in the offseason before July 1st when you can hope to get another player without giving any asset. I know right now it seems bad but IMO it's a good move, I'm not saying I'm right and you'Re wrong I'm just saying that I think the move is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad