GDT: Montréal Canadiens vs. St-Louis Blues (Oct. 26 - 7:00 PM, TVAS/City)

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Ahh, okay. In that case, I agree that there are certain veterans going through the motions. Dvorak would be top of the list for me.

Going back to Suzuki, did he say this during the post media scrum? I don't really equate leadership with what is said in those settings. The goal in media communications is just to give them whatever vanilla answers that dont add fuel to the fire.
Well he certainly doesn't play like he cares either.

Reactions: EXPOS123

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Well he certainly doesn't play like he cares either.

I don't see how this is any different than suzuki in his previous nhl years. He goes on certain streaks where he looks like one of the better centers in the entire league.

But he has has lulls where things aren't working for him, and that's where the perception of disengagement probably comes from.

At the end of the day, he will lead the team with a respectable number of points this year barring injury, but in the context of building a cup winner, I liken Suzuki to a guy like nazem kadri in the avs cup run. That being a vital part of the cup win without having to be the "top" center. A big game player that will come through when the chips are down, but there would be another "rantanen" at center as well.

I'm sure this opinion will be argued again once he goes on a streak, but I don't equate his inconsistencies to a lack of caring. It's what he is, and he continually works to be the best version that he can be.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Our worst game in years, we should probably keep the lines the same.
Newhook/Armia were demoted to the bottom 6. Isn't that what people wanted?
Or do you like want Dvorak on the 1st line?

It's not like there is a many options when half the forwards are playing like crap.

Reactions: SlafySZN

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
I don't see how this is any different than suzuki in his previous nhl years. He goes on certain streaks where he looks like one of the better centers in the entire league.

But he has has lulls where things aren't working for him, and that's where the perception of disengagement probably comes from.

At the end of the day, he will lead the team with a respectable number of points this year barring injury, but in the context of building a cup winner, I liken Suzuki to a guy like nazem kadri in the avs cup run. That being a vital part of the cup win without having to be the "top" center. A big game player that will come through when the chips are down, but there would be another "rantanen" at center as well.

I'm sure this opinion will be argued again once he goes on a streak, but I don't equate his inconsistencies to a lack of caring. It's what he is, and he continually works to be the best version that he can be.
Don't really care about the pts right now with the state of this team. A captain should be the 1st one executing the system implemented by his coach in all three zones. 11 forwards look up at Suzuki for leadership. Simply mid effort doesn't cut it. Else he should give up his letter.

Reactions: morhilane

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Newhook/Armia were demoted to the bottom 6. Isn't that what people wanted?
Or do you like want Dvorak on the 1st line?

It's not like there is a many options when half the forwards are playing like crap.
They'll just not care with less ice time or they'll just be out of shape less often on the ice. I'm not sure which one to pick. Maybe, plain simply, they haven't figured what they're supposed to do for coach Marty, so I don't think the demotion is anything we wanted.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Don't really care about the pts right now with the state of this team. A captain should be the 1st one executing the system implemented by his coach in all three zones. 11 forwards look up at Suzuki for leadership. Simply mid effort doesn't cut it. Else he should give up his letter.

Again, I think this is more of a perception than anything.

When things are going right for nick, the talk is how he looks so smooth, and how he makes it look easy. But the double edged sword is when things are not working, it doesn't look like silk anymore but rather a lack of effort and not caring.

What changes between those two narratives?I don't think much does other than actual goals and assists.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
The Habs vs the
abell46s-reface.gif
tonight.

I haven't been watching much hockey since the start of the season so I think I'll tune in tonight just to see if this Habs team is as much of a train wreck as this board as made them out to be. :)
Make sure you are sitting in a comfy chair with a bottle of booze & that your neighbours are aware that you will be screaming "WHAT THE f*** ARE YOU DOING??" between 7 and 10 tonight.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Kapanen is doing well on the dot.

He's not really bringing anything else.

Hopefully the Habs stop holding onto him just to get to December so they can send him down.

Send him to the SHL on Monday if it's Just more of the same..

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Kapanen is doing well on the dot.

He's not really bringing anything else.

Hopefully the Habs stop holding onto him just to get to December so they can send him down.

Send him to the SHL on Monday if it's Just more of the same..
I would rather they send him back to the SHL, I don't think subjecting him to this shitshow is smart.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

I thought Kapanen has been pretty good, if a bit vanilla.

He's going to have to go through transitioning to smaller ice and quicker play at some point and he's already 21.

If he continues to look like he can hang, I'd keep him around and hope he grows with time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad