GDT: Montréal Canadiens vs. St-Louis Blues (Oct. 26 - 7:00 PM, TVAS/City)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I don't see it. His scoring instinct is super mid. He has all the skills but he doesn't seem able to be an alpha on the ice. You can't teach that.

At this point, factoring in his health and our putrid defense, I would rather have Romanov.
The defesne is putrid because of injuries and youth. Habs don't need a mediocre Romanov. They need centres.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Better than you’re giving him credit for. Was red hot before getting hurt.

Injuries have derailed those two and you’re sitting there pretending like it’s not a factor.
Newhook should have never be an acquisition from the get go.

Dach I'm fine with and figured he'd come back around, but can't say he's back after 1 game and saying that doesn't work for Newhook.

At least the Habs are looking for players with grit.

Only took a bit to figure that out...

Habs could have used some since Hughes took over.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Friedman during the intermission says that Montreal is looking for a forward with edge. They aren't going to do anything that interrupts their rebuild

Reactions: sampollock

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So the Habs looking for a forward who plays with an edge. I guess they need someone to sit in the pressbox with Arber once MSL sits him again.

SamHabsFan

Apr 6, 2016
Quebec
I don't see it. His scoring instinct is super mid. He has all the skills but he doesn't seem able to be an alpha on the ice. You can't teach that.

At this point, factoring in his health and our putrid defense, I would rather have Romanov.
with the situation at LD i would do it again, only for Kirby's potential..with Huston and Guhle there is no room for romanov long term, they sold high on him and its still as the potential to be a briliant trade...of course Kirby was going to have a slow start, he missed a complete calendar year!

Id say I like him a lot better on the wing with Suzuki though, but that opens up a huge hole for the 2c position...Hage?? Demidov maybe? demidov talked a lot about playing center after getting drafted..who knows

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Much better game for Hutson. This guy will be very good. Just give another 40-60 games, and he'll in the clear. Next season, he will be domiant.

Mailloux, rough game. Not quite ready to defend at this level.

Reactions: Tuggy and ChikN

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We are looking for a forward with edge and maybe some defensive help but no move that affects the long term goals of the organization will be made.
Yeah we really do.
Caufield has been super opportunistic but if he had even half of those goals he'd be getting scorched right now.

Reactions: OldCraig71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad