GDT: Montréal Canadiens @ New York Islanders (Oct 19 - 7:00 PM, TVAS/City)

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
1000006587.png

1000006588.png

1000006589.png

1000006590.png

1000006591.png

1000006592.png

1000006593.png

1000006594.png

I'll try to update my post with lineups when I see them later. I'll be missing the game tonight, but hopefully the team plays better. Go Habs Go!

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So who's watching the bums tonight?

The last two games, the excuse was turkey and leftover turkey.
I expect today's execuse will be "lots of distraction in NY".

Of course, they will all hide that under "we are young", despite most of the team starting at least their 3rd NHL season and looking less like professional players then the 3 rookies who are starting out...

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

Of course, they will all hide that under "we are young", despite most of the team starting at least their 3rd NHL season and looking less like professional players then the 3 rookies who are starting out...
They will win this game , I'm 4-1 in my mental predictions , LA loss was obvious before puck drop imo. Although beating the leafs was suprising.

Reactions: StCaufield

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It would seem, there has been only 1 game out of 5 that we played well, and that was the Senaturds game where we won 4-1
We need to see a full out better effort from everyone........once again injuries could be a big issue on the D and up front if Slaf doesn't play.
I am thinking we get a 4-2 win tonight!! The 4th being an empty netter............Patrick loves to yank the goalie early.

Let's hope the boys are better than the snoozefest vs the Kings.......one of the worst games they have played in the past 3 years.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm wondering if the Habs have had a worse defensive lineup in their history if guhle can't suit up.

I meant it's already poor whether he plays, but this has to be getting in all-time category in terms of defensive abilities of the collective unit regardless of what you think of the team's systematic approach.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Win or lose, I need to see some effort out of the crew tonight.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
@badfish great job at the GDT! Seriously more entertaining than the games so far.

As for tonight, this is a big test. If they can’t put it together now after the two embarrassing performances, then we’ll want to open the tank thread again,

Let’s see if Mathewson and Slaf make it Bach

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It will be interesting what team shows up and what type of leaders this team actually has. Suzuki said they played an immature game...well Captain...address it.
Watching the Habs minor league affiliate play the way they did last night was way better than what the Habs have shown in the early season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Will be interesting to see if Primeau gets the start tonight, or if he has to wait until the back to back next Saturday amd Sunday.

I suppose if Montembault has a bad game tonight, Primeau could play on Tuesday.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Slaf is out?

Looks like the injury bug never went away. Ridiculous that we are at game 6, and already we are hearing the following names as injured or questionable.

Laine
Slafkovsky
Matheson
Guhle

These are not the depth guys getting injured.... all core guys.

robicgi

Oct 17, 2018
Teams started out a bit rusty for sure but not nearly as bad as some feel. Big win tonight and back to 500. Feel they will get better as the season goes along. Team is young but the peices are there and more on the way. Go habs go. 5-2 Habs.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

SIgh. I am. They are so bad I no longer have any feelings.

Reactions: morhilane

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Slaf is out?

Looks like the injury bug never went away. Ridiculous that we are at game 6, and already we are hearing the following names as injured or questionable.

Laine
Slafkovsky
Matheson
Guhle

Unlike Guhle, Slaf travelled with the team. Haven’t seen a confirmation that he’s out

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Slaf is out?

Laine
Slafkovsky
Matheson
Guhle

Dach is dealing with something too I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad