GDT: Montréal Canadiens vs. Chicago Blackhawks Dec 5th @ 20:30 EST RDS,SNE,CSN-CH, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Habs are now 30th in first period goals. Things are going great Michel. Maybe the players miss the good old: "Let's go red, here we go boys."

Best theory I've heard yet for the slow starts, :laugh:

Who knows, that'd be the funniest realization about Gorges loss is that pre game pump up was our secret?! Let's hope not. :help: ;)

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Step 1: Get gift you can eat or enjoy yourself
Step 2: Hide it
Step 3: Wait to see if she got you a gift
Step 4: If she did, surprise, you did too, if not, surprise, you got yourself a christmas present *****. Treat yo'self.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Step 4: If she did, surprise, you did too, if not, surprise, you got yourself a christmas present *****. Treat yo'self.

This a guy that know's "what's up".

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

6m4i11a.gif

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac - please just do it.
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Prusty-DD-PAP
Tangradi-Malhotra-Weise

I wouldn't mind seeing if DD could hold his own with Gallagher and Prust on our 3rd line.

Pacioretty - Eller - PAP
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Sekac
Prust - DD - Gallagher
Tangradi - Malholtra - Weise

I just feel like that first line would mesh very well. That second line as well. Gallagher is always a spark plug. Prust creates space for DD, and DD is then FORCED to pass to Gallagher. :laugh: The first two lines could easily take on top competition, which shelters that third line.

habitue*

I wouldn't mind seeing if DD could hold his own with Gallagher and Prust on our 3rd line.

Pacioretty - Eller - PAP
Prust - DD - Gallagher

I just feel like that first line would mesh very well. That second line as well. Gallagher is always a spark plug. Prust creates space for DD, and DD is then FORCED to pass to Gallagher. :laugh: The first two lines could easily take on top competition, which shelters that third line.

Patches-Plekky-Gally
Galchy-Eller-Sekac
Prust-DD-PAP
Tangradi-MM-Weise (and once in a while with Patches and Plekky)

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
DD hasn't scored a 5 on 5 goal in 48 games. Idc if you're our #1C or our #4C that's just ludicrous. ESPECIALLY if you take into consideration that he gets favourable match ups and offensive zone stats ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC

Pacioretty - Eller - PAP
Prust - DD - Gallagher

As much as people dislike DD on this board (I'm not his biggest fan either), Eller is not a 1st line centre. If anyone plays with Patch has to be Chuckie or Plecky.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
As much as people dislike DD on this board (I'm not his biggest fan either), Eller is not a 1st line centre. If anyone plays with Patch has to be Chuckie or Plecky.

Hint we don't have a true #1C.
Any suggestion is a good suggestion that splits up the dynamic duo.
There is no reason Pac would not play well with Eller and Sekac.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

There's no reason not to give it a fair shot. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. It's not like we're spliting Ovechkin from Backstrom to put him with Mathieu Perrault.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

I have my doubts whether eller is the right fit for patches, but its not like desharnais is doing much either. In fact, eller and sekac seem like a real nice fit as it is.

I think patches is best suited to someone with desharnais' style.... But someone who executes better, of course.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
I have my doubts whether eller is the right fit for patches, but its not like desharnais is doing much either. In fact, eller and sekac seem like a real nice fit as it is.

I think patches is best suited to someone with desharnais' style.... But someone who executes better, of course.

With Desharnais, Pacioretty is mainly used as an exploitation winger who will provide 35+ goals with minimal defensive assignments, though he is getting some PK time this year which is a good start. I can live with a slight decrease in production if it will make Pacioretty a more complete player. I feel that playing with Desharnais, Pacioretty's overall game has become stagnant. He doesn't engage in physical battles like he used to, and generally coasts a lot more compared to when he played with the likes of Gomez. It shouldn't come as a surprise that come playoff time, Pacioretty is completely shut down. The type of game he plays in the regular season won't cut it come playoff time.

I would like to see Pacioretty play with Galchenyuk if he gets time at center, or with Plekanec which has shown to have some chemistry, especially on the PK. Heck, I would even like to see Pacioretty have some time on Eller's wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad