Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] D Brandon Montour signs with the Kraken (7 years, $7.14M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Seattle's been looking for a top 4 RHD since they started pretty much, and Montour played 22+ minutes for the cup champion. They missed the playoffs last year and don't want to miss again.

I'm expecting to see a big fat number.

Reactions: Kraken Jokes

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think if healthy this is a great fit...

Dunn, Larsson, Montour, Oleksiak, Borgen and Evans looks like a really, really good blueline.

Dunn-Larsson
Oleksiak-Montour
Evans-Borgen
Dumoulin

That's really good.

Edit: And a shade over $7 million really isn't a bad AAV either, considering some of the projections for Montour.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I am a little surprised to be honest. I know we need scoring help all over D as well as F but I thought it would be more on the forward front. Plus not sure who we are moving from our D.
With the signing Evans becomes the 7th D-man unless the Kraken trade Oleksiak or trade/waive Dumoulin which I don't see happening

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
LOL did they not watch him play this year? This guy is so overrated and terrible defensively

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Good for him. Think a 1 to 1.5mil more than what Zito wants to spend to complete the roster.

Reactions: Vilam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad