Post-Game Talk: Mon Lars leads Pens past the Habs 6-3

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Of course, Guhle won’t blame the coaching staff……. They had many, many leaders in the last 5 years, but showed up flat most of the time for the beginning of games.
Guhle's comment is that players should be able to self-motivate to start the games on the right foot. Probably something MSL is telling them every dang games because they can't do it themselves.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
These takes stink

As does having Matheson run point when we need offense lol we don’t need to galaxy brain this he’s part of the reason we’ve had such a horrendous power play, it’s just not in his toolbox which is fine I just don’t understand why we’d force that strategy for much longer. I’m more concerned about Hutson in his own end in short term than anything he does in o-zone, he’s established that he’s elite in that regard, leverage him where he’ll succeed.

RandR

May 15, 2011
Every Habs games should be on Prime Video!

Not just on Mondays....

Prime Video Monday to Sunday Night Hockey!

View attachment 916794
Not for me please.

I already pay for a TV package that includes Sportsnet, and pay an extra $7 a month during the season to get TSN 2 for the regional Habs games in English. And now they want me to subscribe to a 3rd service just so I can watch all the Habs games? I’m not poor, but I can’t justify paying a monthly fee to watch less than one Habs game a month.

I recognize that I may be in the minority here.

• Wow
Reactions: ahmedou

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Not for me please.

I already pay for a TV package that includes Sportsnet, and pay an extra $7 a month during the season to get TSN 2 for the regional Habs games in English. And now they want me to subscribe to a 3rd service just so I can watch all the Habs games? I’m not poor, but I can’t justify paying a monthly fee to watch less than one Habs game a month.

I recognize that I may be in the minority here.

This is the less likely scenario tho.

It's more likely that the NHL will go for the double dipping and split the national rights for TV and streaming in two.

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Great place. Lots of hot takes :D
2lw2hq.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: The Real Timo

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Man, I haven’t seen that one in years lol. One of my first memes here. 😭

This is yours?? Jeeze, I found it on the main boards, used by someone else, a few years ago. I thought I had lost the copy until I did a bit of rummaging to find old shoops on an old laptop I had stached, a few weeks ago.

To me, this feels like I adopted a kid in NY state only to much later find out he's the bastard son of my neighbour/friend. "Son, you see that man? He's your real paaaw"

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Honest question- is this team good enough to be in the mix?
I think so. There are just two teams in Metro which are separated- Devils and Rangers. For Atlantic I expect Florida, Boston, Leafs and Tampa. We will fight for wild card spot, 5th in Atlantic. We are not worse that Detroit, Ottawa or Buffalo.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
By the way, when can we expect to see Struble back in the line up ?

From what I can tell, Struble's injury was day/day. Probably taking their time because they have Xhekaj and Barron who need more ice time/experience as well.

I'm assuming Struble is playing withing a week (or two max). My guess.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think so. There are just two teams in Metro which are separated- Devils and Rangers. For Atlantic I expect Florida, Boston, Leafs and Tampa. We will fight for wild card spot, 5th in Atlantic. We are not worse that Detroit, Ottawa or Buffalo.
👍

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honest question- is this team good enough to be in the mix?

Yes they are good enough. Mistakes will be made but they are clearly trying to work them out. I don't see us making the playoffs but I do see us in the bubble of teams after that don't make it. Our pick is going to be 10-15 range (pre lottery). I would put 75% confidence on that.

Said it before and will say it again. Habs were 8-10th last before the TDL last year. They were not a bottom 5 team but we choose to play more youth and accepted tank strategy. It was smart. Might happen again this year if we trip and fall. Teams do this all the time as they approach the TDL.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Just for illustration, I expect PIT, CAR and NYI fight for that 3rd PO spot in Metro.
Carolina 2nd line:
Roslovic- Kotkaniemi- Necas
Islanders 2nd line:
Tsyplakov- Nelson- Palmieri

We are definitely not worse that those :)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Just for illustration, I expect PIT, CAR and NYI fight for that 3rd PO spot in Metro.
Carolina 2nd line:
Roslovic- Kotkaniemi- Necas
Islanders 2nd line:
Tsyplakov- Nelson- Palmieri

We are definitely not worse that those :)
Defensively we have to seriously tighten things up. Hopefully Struble is back soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad