Matvei Michkov First NHL Goal (Update: and second)

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, what a shame to be told I don't want to play for your team

There is no evidence or indication that happened with any team other than Arizona.

We do know he met with Philadelphia prior to the draft and the 2 sides expressed mutual interest. This was after it became "consensus" that Bedard, Fantilli, and Carlsson would likely go in the Top 3. He may have looked at the teams beyond the Top 3 and eyed the Flyers as the best fit, we don't know for sure.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'm not sure who will be the best player from that draft, but I always thought Michkov was always the better player than Bedard

Reactions: authentic

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Michkov is in a different league than all of them and this has been said since the moment he was drafted. Comfortably the best young player we have had since Lindros.

I have spent over 15 years having HFFlyers tell me to get my hopes up and pretending dime a dozen guys are the one. From Lindblom, to Ghost, to Hart, to Patrick, to Provorv, to Sanheim, to Frost, all the way back to my very first instance of HFFlyers insisting a guy was legit with Nodl or Parent were building blocks.
Michikov is the one.

I mean more that something unforseen will inevitably happen to him. He'll develop a severe fear of large crowds and get traded to Winnipeg.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
truly one of the most atrocious stretches in a draft by GMs in recent memory. those teams f***ed up even worse than the bruins in 2015. Michkov was the obvious 100% consensus 2nd best player in the draft, and even had some arguments to go over Bedard (which of course was never gonna happen though). there is no excuse for passing on him and those GMs should be fired for that alone.
I have great news for you about one of them.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Rebuilding teams passing on this guy because they might have to wait a few years is unforgivable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad