NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft #3 by rey, Water Knight, and RR

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
*For the record, I don't like that we are involving trading players. Picks is fine, but adding players now is just a hassle.

With that said however, I'll play the game.

:sabres

Everyone and everything is available.

:canes

Same except Staals and Semin

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
*For the record, I don't like that we are involving trading players. Picks is fine, but adding players now is just a hassle.

With that said however, I'll play the game.

:sabres

Everyone and everything is available.

:canes

Same except Staals and Semin

I find it funny that people have been asking for it over and over since our first mock, yet when we implement it there have only been 4 trades and each involving one of the three who's idea it was to not bother with trades at all!!

That being said, i'm sure most have been busy following the Calgary-trolljob. :laugh:

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
I find it funny that people have been asking for it over and over since our first mock, yet when we implement it there have only been 4 trades and each involving one of the three who's idea it was to not bother with trades at all!!

That being said, i'm sure most have been busy following the Calgary-trolljob. :laugh:

U mean the panthers mock draft game fail job? :sarcasm:

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
U mean the panthers mock draft game fail job? :sarcasm:

Watch it or I'll turn it into the I-could-have-you-kicked-out-since-i'm-one-of-the-three-organizers-of-this-mock-draft job... :eviltongu :sarcasm:

That being said, I've noticed there's always one thing that causes "arguments" during these mocks... Last time it was Fucale being drafted, and before that it was me picking Zadorov. Like those two incidents, i'm calling for the topic to be dropped and if we want, to be re-visited at the END of the draft.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
2008+NHL+Entry+Draft+Round+One+02f1ImwTiUil.jpg

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a trade to announce!
The Edmonton Oilers have traded Tobias Rieder and 5th round pick (127th) to the Tampa Bay Lightning in return for Slater Koekkoek

:edmonton
Slater Koekkoek, D

:bolts
Tobias Rieder, RW
EDM 5th (127th)

Aela*

Personally I feel like a mock draft isn't the same without player trades. Not that it would be bad just trading picks (or not trading) but players add another level of depth that I quite like. As long as you focus on the draft more than the trades, it should be fine right?

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
Personally I feel like a mock draft isn't the same without player trades. Not that it would be bad just trading picks (or not trading) but players add another level of depth that I quite like. As long as you focus on the draft more than the trades, it should be fine right?

You're right. In our last mock, with just picks being traded, I found it damn near impossible to get trades done. I tried moving up in the draft by using future picks, but it just isn't the same because even though you may be getting the better deal, you don't actually get to make the picks and that takes away from the fun of it. I probably sent 4-5 different proposals to Water Knight that included 2014 picks, but nothing could get done. I even averaged out where my team picked in the last 5 drafts (including 2013) and I think we would have had the 9th pick in every round.

The thing I don't exactly like with including players is that we all have individual values for players. One person may think a player is worth very little due to, say, a bad sophmore season.. while another still has him pegged as being worth a late-first.. It's much more difficult to get a proper trade done because of it, and that eats up time which is why we came up with the idea of taking 24 hours BEFORE the draft to include players. It allows you to get your main deals done, pick up any later picks or such that could be packaged with your original picks for the PICKS ONLY part of the trades.

All in all, my main objective isn't to have the best draft... it's to make sure everyone has a fun time participating. Even if it means I overpay on a trade, so be it. As long as I'm still happy with the trade, and they're happy with the overpayment, its a good trade to me. I could never ever ever ever ever be a GM. :laugh:

tl;dr version: Trades can get confusing without players, but also with as we all have different values for them. I'd rather have everyone enjoy the draft than do the best.. Not GM worthy.

Aela*

All in all, my main objective isn't to have the best draft... it's to make sure everyone has a fun time participating. Even if it means I overpay on a trade, so be it. As long as I'm still happy with the trade, and they're happy with the overpayment, its a good trade to me. I could never ever ever ever ever be a GM. :laugh:

As long as I don't overpay to much, I'm fine with that too. When I have a specific type of roster in my mind, I'm willing to give away a lot for that vision :laugh:

I don't really think a lot of GM's are all that different anyways, look at Burke for example!

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Just a reminder: Pens' 1st rounder is available, as well as several prospects including Derrick Pouliot and Olli Maatta...

HubOfHockey1918

May 14, 2011
:flames trade block: Jarome Iglina, Steve Begin, Blake Comeau, Mike Cammalleri, Curtis Glencross, Brian McGrattan, Lee Stempniak, Matt Stajan, Tim Jackman, Alex Tanguay, Anton Babchuk, Jay Bouwmeester, Denis Widman, Cory Sarich, Mark Giordono, Mikka Kiprusoff, Joey McDonald & Leland Irving.

:bruins trade block: Jordan Caron, Matt Bartkowski, Rich Peverly, and Chris Kelly

PM with offers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad