Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team IV - Revolution move closer to new stadium in Everett

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

I'll believe it when I see it. World Cup is coming up in less than 2yrs and he's got a side that will be considered one of the favorites. Not sure why you walk away from that, unless he's pissed at the Spanish Football Federation....If anything, its probably a negotiating ploy to get an extension/pay raise.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Colombians keep rushing the gates and trying to climb over barriers to get in, and Univision is showing live feeds of the security guards tackling them.

This is more fun than the actual game

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
The difference in the professionalism of the two host countries was enormous...the German oversight of field and crowd management was outstanding ..the US a number of clicks down

Meanwhile on the field- much as I appreciate and respect Argentina , Spain was the class of the two tournaments and likely the favorite heading into WC 26

Reactions: Gordoff

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The difference in the professionalism of the two host countries was enormous...the German oversight of field and crowd management was outstanding ..the US a number of clicks down

Meanwhile on the field- much as I appreciate and respect Argentina , Spain was the class of the two tournaments and likely the favorite heading into WC 26
Conmebol is responsible for everything. Right down to security.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Having watched more of the Euro than Copa, I enjoyed the copa games more. I think it was lack of passing on the copa aide. I feel it lead to more physical and faster game play. But maybe I watched too much Portugal who was all possession and no finish.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Having watched more of the Euro than Copa, I enjoyed the copa games more. I think it was lack of passing on the copa aide. I feel it lead to more physical and faster game play. But maybe I watched too much Portugal who was all possession and no finish.
Copa was way more physical. The crowds were hyped up too, it makes me want to start following South American domestic leagues.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
@EverettMike oh traffic is going to f***ing ATROCIOUS
It would severally affect traffic in the entire area for miles in every direction. Honestly, they would almost need a new tunnel or bridge (no idea where because every foot is densely packed in with businesses, railway tracks etc). I haven't yet heard how many people it would accommodate but the MBTA is already constantly in need of repair work, even the new Green line extension is constantly breaking down. I just can't believe that there isn't another parcel of land, near a major highway and train service.
Boston mayor Wu is already upset about the plan so there will probably be
delays due to lawsuits etc that the city of Boston and groups opposed.
Besides the above, it's a good couple of miles from Rt. 93 in an already heavily trafficked, convoluted route. They would need to extend shuttle service from the Green line because it would be a tough hike to mile walk from the nearest T Station. IF the MBTA builds another station for the Green line it'll not only take years but it would entail some extremely involved planning and the cost would be staggering. I can't believe that they can't find a better parcel in the Boston area, one that would be nearer to major roads, and either an MBTA line or commuter rail access.
The Patriots started the trek to the South Shore back in the day when they built Schaeffer Stadium, it's a bit inconceivable that they can't find a location between Boston and Gillette Stadium. There are also area's West of the city that could use the economic boost.
An economically challenged area (but not necessarily) Brockton or similar should be thoroughly explored. Because waterfront land is so valuable, it's like a magnet for corporations like Kraft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad