Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team IV - Revolution hire Caleb Porter as new head coach

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Group E likely having everyone sitting at three points going into the third match day is pretty awesome

And going into the third set of matches and only Poland is eliminated, everyone else is still alive

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Scotland vs. Hungary under way on FS1.

Scotland needs to win and win by at least 3 to have a shot at advancing.

Germany/Switzerland are guaranteed to advance either way, so Shaqiri and Vargas are on the bench.

Edit: Read the tiebreakers again - Switzerland isn't guaranteed second place, but Scotland would have to make up a 6 goal difference along the way, so probably not happening, but not impossible

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I had a pretty good view!

PXL_20240623_220039603.MP.jpg

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
All in all a very solid start. Finishing was a bit of a challenge, but ball movement was solid and I appreciated they didn't just cross the ball into the box.

Goal difference may determine who comes out on top in the group, so the missed chances hurt a bit.

Still, solid. I'll be watching at MBS in Atlanta on Thursday!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
PK for Croatia, VAR handball, quite obvious.

PK by Modric is stopped, and now Modric scores!!! Croatia moves into second as it stands.
Shocking development

My calculations show that Italy should be safely through regardless unless they allow 2 or 3 more goals.

They're above Hungary, so just need to finish in better standing than one other third place finisher, and as long as Portugal doesn't lose to Georgia by multiple goals in the biggest upset in Euro history, there's no way Italy can fall behind the third place finisher in group F.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Me, explaining to my daughter what I'm watching: "Italy's the defending European Champions, and they're about to get eliminated in the group sta... wait. Nevermind."

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Stunner

Croatia is out, Hungary profits from their collapse and is still alive if either Turkey/Czechia draw or if England win and Denmark/Serbia doesn't end in a draw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad