OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
So let's see the Mets are in first place, the sky isn't falling afterall, Conforto is slowly but surely starting to come out of his slumber and the Met pitching which has carried us so far, has been phenomenal so far after 11 games.

Now once Lindor, Pete, Dom and McNeil start to hit....look out NL cause the Mets are going to be lethal!!

once they start to hit our pitching staff will forget how to pitch.

we never get nice things

Reactions: Greg02

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
So let's see the Mets are in first place, the sky isn't falling afterall, Conforto is slowly but surely starting to come out of his slumber and the Met pitching which has carried us so far, has been phenomenal so far after 11 games.

Now once Lindor, Pete, Dom and McNeil start to hit....look out NL cause the Mets are going to be lethal!!

Lindor is lucky as shit that the pitching has been good.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Lindor is lucky as shit that the pitching has been good.
Yeah, the Mets pitching has been superb. I think their starting pitching has the 2nd lowest ERA in the league right now. If the pitching stays good and the bats start heating up, they'll be in less nail biters. Even going to Colorado wasn't enough to jump start the Mets offense. And to think this team still hasn't seen Carrasco, Lugo and Syndergaard yet.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
once they start to hit our pitching staff will forget how to pitch
we never get nice things

That would be a very Met thing to occur for sure. Met depth both pitching and hitting wise is much better than in the past and so I think we'll be just fine when all is said and done!

And like NYR94 astutely said...we haven't even seen Noah, Carassco and Lugo yet.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Oh for sure. But after the 341m man in the offseason, he isn't going to have the give other guys will if he struggles
Even if they keep winning, I think he has about 2 more weeks, tops, before he starts hearing it. It won't be bad at first, but if he's doing this in a month, he's going to be quite miserable.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The Mets need to dump Chili Davis. I don't even blame him for everything, you know, but sometimes you gotta make a move to shake things up. Give him until the middle of May or something.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Even if they keep winning, I think he has about 2 more weeks, tops, before he starts hearing it. It won't be bad at first, but if he's doing this in a month, he's going to be quite miserable.

Your probably right...Lindor likely has another 10 days or so before he starts hearing shit. He's been abysmal thus far with the bat tho his glove has been stupendous. We aren't paying him 340 mill tho to just be stellar with the glove. Hopefully he snaps out of his funk but quick!!

Reactions: nyr2k2

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
My bad, guys. I made the mistake of thinking about how Peterson has looked good since his trainwreck to start the year, and immediately whatever that was happened.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
My bad, guys. I made the mistake of thinking about how Peterson has looked good since his trainwreck to start the year, and immediately whatever that was happened.

to be fair to him, he didn’t throw the ball around the field like little leaguers. His defense screwed him

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Shitty loss. 1st time all year I'm actually a bit pissed. The Rangers loss and now this. We should have won this one a few times.

Oh and this putting a runner on 2nd base to start extra innings is the worst rule implemented in any sport ever in history...it's so god damn stupid. OK rant over!

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Runner on 2nd rule is great. Very few people want to watch a 4, 5, 6 hour game. Viewership goes way down at that point since the games stretch into the late night. Long extra inning games are terrible for the bullpens. They are terrible for the players since several often get set down to the minors next day so they can bring up new arms. Bad for the catchers since the backup will 100% play the next game. There is really no reason to have games that can run that long except for the old "it's always been done that way" logic.

I don't know what happened, but I'm coming around on it. I used to hate it and now I'm more indifferent to it lol.

Honestly if I had to watch the Mets and Cubs try to score on each other in an 18 inning game I might have run into the NJ Turnpike.

Reactions: East Coast Bias
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad